Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What were the best and worst depictions of anabolic steroids on TV and in the movies?

George Spellwin

The Architect
Staff member
Administrator
Elite Moderator
I'm working on an article about anabolic steroids in the media and wanted to hear your thoughts. What were the best and worst depictions of anabolic steroids on TV and in the movies?

For example, the last episode I saw of the show Life on NBC, titled, “Everything... All the Time” chronicles the adventures of Detective Charlie Crews - a man who was falsely imprisoned for murder and wins his LAPD position back after a lawsuit - focused on a mysterious murder where a family man was found beaten and bound to a chair. The initial thought is that he is the victim of gang violence, however, I knew this would take a turn for the worse when a bottle of steroids was found as evidence later.

Here's a link to NBC's Life Official Site.

Re: What were the best and worst depictions of anabolic steroids on TV and in the mov

I'd have to say the program.

Re: What were the best and worst depictions of anabolic steroids on TV and in the mov

The HBO special was the most honest and probably the best depiction of steroids. It dispelled a lot of rumors and set the records straight about the dangers of AAS use and abuse.

Worst would have to be that ridiculous MTV special that some of the member have been talking about. I don't know where to begin other than the fact that the flamboyant shenanigans of the stripper guy were so over the top and untrue that they should not have been even aired. To be honest it's seems to me that it was planned to negative propaganda against steroids.

"Bigger, Stronger, Faster" was also good in a very Michael Moore type documentary setting. I liked it and I though it was honest. Especially since the creator of the movie is an anti-AAS guy and he couldn't prove any seriously negative about responsible AAS use.

"Bigger, Stronger, Faster" was also good in a very Michael Moore type documentary setting. I liked it and I though it was honest. Especially since the creator of the movie is an anti-AAS guy and he couldn't prove any seriously negative about responsible AAS use.

+1 I agree, very well done movie

I'm working on an article about anabolic steroids in the media and wanted to hear your thoughts. What were the best and worst depictions of anabolic steroids on TV and in the movies?

This is a topic I've been following for some time. I've written/blogged about several. I would have to say that my top 3 "roid rage" movie/tv depictions are:

1. Jeff Soskin in NBC's Life

2. Ben Affleck in CBS' A Body to Die For

3. Peter Billingsley in The Fourth Man

As far as other movies and tv shows, I started a blog a few years ago called SteroidMediaWatch.com that has several candidates. I have been thinking about reviving the blog lately.

* Treat Williams in Substitute 3

* Whatever It Takes

* Deadly Little Secrets

I've saved media from various other television shows/movies portraying steroid use/users that I'll have to dig up... There are a lot

Don't forget Vera De Milo (Jim Carrey) from In Living Color!

Youtube is full of funny vids on this subject. I just laugh my ass of watching them all. The media is so ignorant.

Top Bottom