Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Moya's Log of Insanity

moya

EF VIP
OK, im getting an early start... but im going to actually stick to some tried programs this time...
i said some...
im doing smolov squat cycle, coan/phillipi deadlift cycle and the coan bench cycle...
ive trained a lot of volume with heavy weights before... not sure if this is stupid, but im giving it a try... to avoid overtraining i will be ditching all the accessory work on the deadlift cycle, and most for the bench cycle... smolov has no accessory work so it will remain intact...
my current pr's are 505 dead, 225 paused bench and 402 squat with only a belt...
my goals are a 545 deadlift, 250 bench and a 450 squat... if i have to do this 3 times to get those numbers i will be happy...
i will be eating enough to grow some, but i would like to be able to cut water to make 148 so i can attempt these lifts in competition, so i will probably try and keep my bodyweight near 160-165... currently 155 @5'5"...

monday... 12/13
squats
warmup, 135x5, 185x3, 225x3, 275x1
work, 4x9x285 made all lifts, last set moderately difficult

bench
warmup, 45x8, 95x3, 135x1
work, 2x10x160 made all reps, last few tough
cgbp, goal 2x10x140 only got 7, and 5 reps...
incline, goal 2x10x130... did 2x10x120 because of difficulty with last exersise...
later this day i felt like i had the flu, next day too... if my next bench workouts go ok, then i will blame it on that and keep going...

wendsday... 12/15

deadlifts
warmup, 135x3, 225x3, 315x3, 365x1
work, 1x2x415 easy
speed deads off 3in. box, 8x3x325 went smooth...
i decided because i was taking out accesory work for the deads, i would do my speed pulls off a box to get a little more out of them :evil:

squats
5x7x300 by the 5th set i was getting the best depth, but getting pretty tired...

dumbell pullover
2x8x80... couldnt give these up...
its now wed late night, after work, and my legs dont feel too bad... i supposed next week after friday and saturday squats i may not be saying that...
bring the pain...

Good fucking luck lol

I will definitely be lurking your log :D

I just finished up te coan DL program a few weeks back. I'd train on Monday and literally be shot out the rest of the week. I did add 30 pounds to my DL max and tripled my previous max by the end of the eight weeks. I also added a lot of weight to my GMs. It's a solid program for sure.

I'm considering the smolov jr for squats when work settles down.

Honestly if i was you i would drop the deadlift program for now because i can guarantee you wont be able to do it combined with the smolov squat routine. You will have better results that way too.

Honestly if i was you i would drop the deadlift program for now because i can guarantee you wont be able to do it combined with the smolov squat routine. You will have better results that way too.

i dropped the assistance work for the DL routine... but i would never not do deadlifts... i was already lifting sets of heavy tripples and squating the same, i am used to punishment...
at work all i do is lift, i was born to do this...
i may get better max gains on my squat without the dl's, but that would take the pain out of this...

oh, im also off cycle and dont plan on starting one until after this is over...

Top Bottom