Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

physics question

f this thread, I got suckered too.

I would have been on top of it, then samoth and I would make engineering/physics jokes.

FUCK YOU JUICED MULLET!
A CONVERSATION WITH MYSELF ON PHYSICS JUST TO ANNOY YOU

OK, lets see M theory, postulates that all matter and energy is composed of excruciatingly minute filaments called strings and membranous entities called branes. If such objects exist, then every point in our apparently four-dimensional universe is a tiny volume with six or seven extra dimensions.

Ehh... depends on reference frame.. points and volumes are different... I'm not sure how they define the "limit", or if they are even close to it. There comes a point where a point cannot be a volume, yet many classify volumes as points for simplifications in the mathematics.

Those volumes are so small, the theory holds, that 10 trillion trillion of them could fit into the space occupied by a single atom. Unfortunately, that tininess would make these dimensions undetectable with current methods.

They would never be detectable, much like we could never detect some theorized particles with current model accelerators, as they would take the energy equivalant of a Dyson Sphere.

a few years aago theorists came up somesort ofa bold proposal. Perhaps some of those extra dimensions weren't so tightly confined. Given that no experimental evidence precluded the possibility, an extra dimension might be even as relatively huge as a millimeter in radius, or roughly the size of a poppy seed, right
well in this new hypothesis not theory :) of so-called large extra dimensions resides a possible solution to a long-standing puzzle: Why is gravity so much weaker than the other forces? it was in the hypothesis that raises the crazy possibility of wee black holes like right here around us or near . It's all a matter of how minutely scientists examine gravity.

Bringing black hole theory into it... black holes radiate. We can detect that radiation.

electromagnetism and the weak and strong forces are comparable in strength to each other, they are as much more powerful than gravity as a mountain is larger than one of those fantastically teeny extra dimensions of string theory.

It's a matter of defining "strength". There's a variable -- I forget what it is -- that is different for each force, and can compare relative strengths. But relatively speaking in different relative terms, gravity is considered the strongest force -- but also the weakest. LOL. EM, strong, and weak nuclear forces are worthless at an inch apart -- not strong. But gravity, though not strong in general, is not worthless at an inch -- it's strong. Meh. You get the idea.

so to bridge that gap say that not only are there large extra dimensions but that gravity is the only force that permeates all the dimensions. Consequently, gravity is not really so weak," that we feel it so weakly because gravity actually lives in many dimensions. . . . Gravity is diluted by this enormous extra space that we don't feel.

Conversely, at length scales not much smaller than the poppy-seed-span of the proposed, relatively large extra dimensions, gravity would operate at a strength comparable to those of the other forces,
In other words, gravity would become a real brute within those very confined boundaries of the extra dimensions. That enormously amplified strength—normally hidden to our four-dimensional view—could scrunch matter and energy into minuscule black holes.

I think the larger-sized thing wouldn't hold, for 1) a mm diameter would radiate or otherwise give evidence of it's existance, 2) in terms of particle physics, something so monsterous as a mm diameter would never, never, NEVER be able to be detected by the HUGEST, most biggest largest giganticest accelerators in the whole universe, lol. That's almost at energy levels within the first second of the big bang, and even the highest Dyson-classification of sentient beings couldn't generate the energy needed to create that kind of stuff in a lab.

IT's interesting, though, I've never ehard that one. Unfortunetly, anything on this subject getting down to our level is really obfuscated and lacking it's true fundamentals.

That's why it's hard to discuss the subject at this level, because we don't have the knowledge or ability to express or argue the fundamentals of the theories, as they are so far hidden beneath the masses of mathematics comprehendable by only the best of the best. The theory you just stated could have substantial truths to it, but they couldn't express them in laymens terms, so it gets lost in the translation. Likewise, I can only argue what I know on the level it's been presented to me -- not in it's comprehensive entirety.

Last edited:
Top Bottom