Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gym Etiquette

rbtrout

I read and commented on Unsolicited Gym Advice and totally agree. Let's make sure that we're not the ones doing that.
The other thing is that when some one WON'T let me work in, I get quite mad because they always take their time. We need to make sure that, as we can, we let people work in and be the ones that people admire for their gym etiquette (and size/strength).

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a guy in my gym who sweats so bad.. i can't use any machine within 10 feet of him.. and he not only leaves it on the equiptment.. it goes everywhere..,

That's bad etiquette

My etiquette was bad sunday night... but there were only 2-3 other people in my school gym when i was doing leg press and screeamin my ass off listening to Killswitch Engage.
I can understand not letting people working in when they are weaker than u and u have to keep on taking off a lot of weight and then putting weight back on.. but if its someone closer to your size/ strength (or they are a really hot girl) then i can understand and will let them work in.

sweed said:
My etiquette was bad sunday night... but there were only 2-3 other people in my school gym when i was doing leg press and screeamin my ass off listening to Killswitch Engage.
I can understand not letting people working in when they are weaker than u and u have to keep on taking off a lot of weight and then putting weight back on.. but if its someone closer to your size/ strength (or they are a really hot girl) then i can understand and will let them work in.

I agree man. There's only so far you can go with this working in stuff. If I'm using cables or a machine, I'll gladly let a guy work in. I've let a guy work in with me doing preachers with the EZBar. After every set he had to take off and add weight, it's just such a pain. When it comes to loading and unloading weight, working in should be a last resort, in my opinion. I've been squatting in the cage and had a guy ask to deadlift behind me, i was all for that. I'll accomodate people, but when it really starts getting in the way of my workout it's frustrating.

Most gyms are full of idoits who sit in the machines or on the benches between sets.

They assusme that they own that piece of equipment utill they have done all of their sets. They think if they get up from the seat then they will conceded that item to another selfish ignorant person who won't get up!

SO they sit there and let the blood pool in their muscles, not able to stretch or breathe deeply. They screw their own workouts as much as they do everyone elses.

Rough2k2 said:
I agree man. There's only so far you can go with this working in stuff. If I'm using cables or a machine, I'll gladly let a guy work in. I've let a guy work in with me doing preachers with the EZBar. After every set he had to take off and add weight, it's just such a pain. When it comes to loading and unloading weight, working in should be a last resort, in my opinion. I've been squatting in the cage and had a guy ask to deadlift behind me, i was all for that. I'll accomodate people, but when it really starts getting in the way of my workout it's frustrating.
haha i can immagine that.

you squatting down sticking your ass out, him deadlifting up going from a but back position to standing up right behind you as your on the bottom portion of your squat

Gym etiquette which I follow:
- Wear enclosed shoes in the gym.
- Wear a shirt in the gym.
- Bring a sweat towel to the gym.
- Wipe the bench/machine once you have finished.
- Let people work in with you during your rest periods.
- Remove all weights from the machines once finished.
- Always wash your hands after peeing and ****ing. :rolleyes:
- If someone is training by themselves and asks for a spot during your rest period, spot them!
- Do not give unsolicitored advice unless you think someone is at risk of injuring themselves with poor form or specifically asks for it.
- Do not sit on a bench/machine unless you are actually using that bench/machine :rolleyes:
- If your phone rings while you are resting on a bench, GET OFF THE BENCH TO LET SOMEONE ELSE USE IT!

Can't think of any others.

Top Bottom