Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

wow, that is one AWFUL football team!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter madbomber31
  • Start date Start date
Wulfgar said:
ya seriously, ask to see his superbowl rings to prove it
How bout the record books. He only hold damn near every record for a qb. Though Peyton may just join him in ringless high stats.

dannomight said:
How bout the record books. He only hold damn near every record for a qb. Though Peyton may just join him in ringless high stats.

Favre is clipping away at all of Marino's stats and records on a season by season basis. Every season Favre has either surpassed a record or stat of Marino's or moved within inches of Marino. True, there are stats/records that Favre will not be able to catch, but those are realistically just a couple, like now, obviousely "Consecutive games with at least one TD." I have all the respect in the for Marino, but face it, Favre has already surpassed and broken many of Marino's stats/records, and is actually primed to eclipse two more this season by just playing average.

It is more fair to say that due to this, Favre and Marino will for a long time be linked as two of the best to ever play the game.

fistfullofsteel said:
favre has a suck ass team, he needs to come over to the ny football giants. he will light it up again with all the weapons that the giants have, as long as he doesn't decide to wing it all over the place. i think he does that now out of desperation.

I think Eli would remain starter in that system, He`s doing a damn good job.....Time for Farve to retire....

fistfullofsteel said:
I can't believe that the giants, cowboys and redskins all lost this week. The phi. jingles only won because they played the shittiest team in the NFL. So far looks like our division might have been overrated.

0-1

Smurfy said:
I guess Favre should have retired afterall.

No way. Not ready or in need of retirement.

Tytan said:
Time for Farve to retire....

Absolutely not.

fistfullofsteel said:
i think he knows he has alot of left in him and he probably is kicking himself for staying with greenbay, but then again nobody is going to pay him like greenbay did, so he would have to take a big salary cut if he went to another team.

I don’t feel Favre is kicking himself or second-guessing himself, He has always made it fairly clear that he will end his career in GB, "Would I consider playing for someone else? I guess I would. Do I think that'll happen? I'm 99.9 percent sure that that won't happen. So, that's it.", because if money was the issue, he would have just taken the SAME 10 million he got, that GB was offering him in January. As a TEAM the Packers had a 12-4 season in 2005 in which Favre drew all of the criticism for. However, out of those 12 losses, 6 were decided by 3 or fewer points, 3 by 4-7 points, and 3 by more than 7 points with only 2 of those games being decided by more than 10. I know many will say BFD, a loss, is a loss. True enough, a loss is a loss, but the reason I bring this up is the fact that due to the numbers above, the Packers were still ranked very well in many areas throughout the NFL (Yes awful in some areas too but not nearly as many as you’d think). Truth is the numbers don’t lie, Favre’s stats for ’05 were really not that far off the mark (With the exception of the obvious.) from his 3 season MVP run in ’95, ‘96’, and ’97, that included going to two Super Bowls, winning one of them. Statistically Favre is not the “washed up” player so many seem to think. Yes, he did lead the league in INT’s in ’05, but he still threw 20 TD’s, which was 3 more than reigning Super Bowl champ QB Ben Roethlesberger @ 17. Now how many QB’s in NFL history can lead the league in INT’s and still produce the #’s Favre has in so many areas, especially with limited resources. Also, touching on Michael Irvin’s PWNAGE of Joe Theismann yesterday when he decided to make the loss Favre’s fault, to paraphrase, “Look what and who he has to work with, 2/3’s of his offensive line just played their first NFL game today, ever! Not to mention, half the roster is new, with most of what’s left only being in their 2nd year, with a new head coach, new offensive and defensive coaches and so on. Favre has and will always have higher percentages in INT’s and other types of areas than other QB’s because of his style of play, and of course these numbers will go up when he is continually having to compensate for lacking areas within this ball club. All who criticize Favre for an entire teams performance are stuck on themselves, thinking their OPINION is what matters in the league and on the field. Favre is hitting a TEAM slump, not a personal one. Joe, you say all this about Favre, and look at yourself, you went through a 3-season slump much the same, when you spent all of your time crying, about what you needed around you, in and on the team to win. Favre knows where the Packers stand, and he knew that coming in. Favre has lost very, very little in the physical aspect of his game, and has actually gained much more in wisdom and maturity. To say a man has lost it, and should retire because he doesn’t have the refined weapons in other team members that he once had, to be able to win the Super Bowl tomorrow let alone in February is crazy! Especially when Favre’s most recent stats from his first losing season in 2005, really reflect an average diplay of his talent and skill, within his now winning15-season, Hall of Fame career. People all have opinions, and opinions will always vary and shift with the tide, but the numbers don’t lie.” Theismann could only agree. And Michael Irvin is not really known for his supportiveness of Favre or GB.

Fact is, there really is not a QB that I can even think of, that would actually perform better if put behind this same team.

Shit, Favres stats have not even fallen the way Montana’s had, or even the temp nosedive that John Elway’s did, before his team solidified and Elway’s “slump” ended with B2B Super Bowl wins.

Retire? Unless he had a burning desire to, I don’t think he should have or needs to.

Year AGE Team LG GP ATT CMP PCT YDS YPA TD INT SKD SKY RAT RAT+
1994 25 GNB NFL 16 582 363 62.4 3882 6.67 33 14 31 188 90.7 116
1995 26 GNB NFL 16 570 359 63.0 4413 7.74 38 13 33 217 99.5 126
1996 27 GNB NFL 16 543 325 59.9 3899 7.18 39 13 40 241 95.8 125
1997 28 GNB NFL 16 513 304 59.3 3867 7.54 35 16 25 176 92.6 120
2005 36 GNB NFL 16 607 372 61.3 3881 6.39 20 29 24 170 70.9 88

Top Bottom