Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Windows 7 Usage Passes All Versions of Mac OS X

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
Windows 7 users outnumbering those on Macs.

4:21 PM - November 25, 2009 by Marcus Yam

The overwhelming majority of the market uses Microsoft Windows, so it should come as no surprise that Windows usage this past weekend was higher than that of Mac OS X. The interesting stat, however, was that Windows 7 usage surpassed all versions of Mac OS X combined.

According to tracking firm Net Applications, Windows 7 commanded an average of 5.07 percent usage last Saturday and Sunday. The growing slice of market share was enough to move past the 5 percent that Apple held across all its current versions of OS X for that week.

"It's safe to say that Windows 7's daily share did peak above Mac's weekly share," said Vince Vizzaccaro, executive vice president at Net Applications, according to Computerworld.

Looking at Window 7's full week average, which started out lower than numbers attained over the weekend, Mac OS X still led ahead by nearly a percentage point. Windows 7's week averaged at 4.15 percent usage. Vizzaccaro believes that the growth of Windows 7 will mean that it'll soon leave OS X behind.

"Certainly, the trend line shows Windows 7 will surpass Mac share soon," he predicted.

Windows 7 Usage Passes All Versions of Mac OS X - Tom's Hardware

Already, lol.

Steve-Ballmer,N-S-38440-3.jpg

And there are more Japanese cars with oversized rims than the entire number of Bentley's on the road.

I'm not sure what the significance of either comparison means.

:) :) :)

And there are more Japanese cars with oversized rims than the entire number of Bentley's on the road.

It's a start of a PC vs Mac war. Sheesh.

BTW, today is the day that I have to refresh my Win7 machine. Thank god for Fusion.

lol @ comparing a Mac OS to a Bentley.

This is no suprise
Hard to find negatives about a fine OS as W7

someone said something about W7 being available for 30 bucks for students with a .edu address and i just wanna confirm that. Normally I would just snag an enterprise copy but u cant beat being legal for 30 bucks.

I love how so many threads get moved to subforums nobody even bothers to visit lol.

It leaves more room for the: "Does it mean I'm geigh if...?" threads.

Oh cool, hi glad you could make it! You must've just showed up-

af595aef0307.JPG

Top Bottom