Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why is there so much controversy with Parcells and the Cowboys?

BackDoc

I was just curious as to why this has gotten so much attention. I'm not as up on pro football as you guys so I was hoping you might be able to help.

Parcells backed out of coaching the Bucs last season.

As one Giants fan put it to me...I felt like someone stabbed me in the back.

Mainly due to the fact that the Cowboys are an "elite team" who has fallen, and more so that Jerry Jones has run off the last two by micro-managing the hell out of them...

Parcells is a coach who is largely viewed as a major son of a bitch, but who has the rep (rightly so) to be able to produce winners in a very short period of time. (1 or two seasons), but who also has left organizations where he has success due to meddling owners.

Throw all this together, and you have the recipe for MAJOR success, and / or major disaster....

I think that Parcells will find a seasoned QB, bring in a few more veteran linemen, and possibly a new running back, and produce a winner next season, but I also think that he will not last the full four years of his contract due to Jerry Jones.

Parcells seems to like a rebuilding situation better than the front runner position. Maybe that is where he can be most assertive, and kick asses.

Anyway, with the Cowboys being a very visible team, and the aforementioned variables, it will be very interesting to watch...

Did I mention that Jones has the majority of luxury boxes up for 6 year renewal, and by bringing in a marquee name like Parcells, he will get those renewals, and at a premium price. The lux boxes revenue dollars go directly to the owner, and is not shared with the league, like the gates are....big issue for Jones. Now if he can just stay in one of them, instead of the sidelines.......

Parcells= great coach, but huge ego and little loyality.

He was and always will be the legendary Giants coach. Since then he has

left for the Pats (not that big a deal but he had enfered to the Giant faithful that his retirement was for good, and thus left the Giant fans to deal with the Hanley era while going back on his word and coaching.)

Then he left the Patsies for the Jets, thus creating a loyality breach with the Pats. And he also proceeded to steal their best player at the time Curtis Martin.

After almost going to the super bowl with the Jets, and then realizing that with an injured Vinny T the Jets were not going to be able to make another run he retired again. This created a mess as Bill Belich the Coach he thought would Coach the Jets after him
left for the Patriots.

Parcells then stayed on as team president, Al Gro (who later left after one year to coach college ball) took over the Jets and Bill made some very astute draft picks including getting their QB of the future.

Now Bill is once again back in the NFL coaching, but he is coaching for the hated Cowboys. It was bad enough that he coached the Jets but the Cowboys. This is all to much for a Giants fan, thank god they made the playoffs,.

got it.

Yup.

Parcells likes to be in charge more than most coaches (and he has a history of leaving or quiting to go somewhere else).

Jones likes to be in control more than most owners.

HighIntensity said:
Parcells= great coach, but huge ego and little loyality.

He was and always will be the legendary Giants coach. Since then he has

left for the Pats (not that big a deal but he had enfered to the Giant faithful that his retirement was for good, and thus left the Giant fans to deal with the Hanley era while going back on his word and coaching.)

Then he left the Patsies for the Jets, thus creating a loyality breach with the Pats. And he also proceeded to steal their best player at the time Curtis Martin.

After almost going to the super bowl with the Jets, and then realizing that with an injured Vinny T the Jets were not going to be able to make another run he retired again. This created a mess as Bill Belich the Coach he thought would Coach the Jets after him
left for the Patriots.

Parcells then stayed on as team president, Al Gro (who later left after one year to coach college ball) took over the Jets and Bill made some very astute draft picks including getting their QB of the future.

Now Bill is once again back in the NFL coaching, but he is coaching for the hated Cowboys. It was bad enough that he coached the Jets but the Cowboys. This is all to much for a Giants fan, thank god they made the playoffs,.

got it.

ESPN showed clips of him stating three different times with all three teams that "I am done coaching, " "I have coached my last game in the NFL" "This is REALLY the last time", etc... obviously he is addicted. I really think the turnaround aspect is what he craves.

He will turn the boys around, I believe that... He took the PATs from 1-15, to 9-7 in one season.

Watch the action he creates with trades....no way he stays with an existing QB, He will have a veteran, and probably say bye-bye to Emmitt, also more Off Linemen....

Top Bottom