Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why is HOCKEY so violent??

• Thread starter Thread starter SSAlexSS
  • Start date Start date
S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

Is it me or does it seems that Hockey (and soccer too) is the only sport where players like to engage in fights? I mean, you dont see 2 basketball players fighting over a goal. Or 2 400p footbal players fighting each other???

whta makes hockey so differnt?

reply please!

i heard a comedian tell this joke once:

why are there so few black hockey players?

would you want to be around a bunch of white men with sticks?

sorry i think i'm stuck on all this race stuff from the past couple of days. carry on.

SSAlexSS said:
Hello all!

Is it me or does it seems that Hockey (and soccer too) is the only sport where players like to engage in fights? I mean, you dont see 2 basketball players fighting over a goal. Or 2 400p footbal players fighting each other???

whta makes hockey so differnt?

reply please!
I played for 12 years and it could get nasty sometimes. The further north we traveled for games the rougher the players would become. I personally never understood the fighting all the time .

That's like asking why is football so violent. It's part of the game and I hate that there are fewer fights...brawls...in the NHL. The lack of violence turns me off.

SSAlexSS said:
Hello all!

Is it me or does it seems that Hockey (and soccer too) is the only sport where players like to engage in fights?

reply please!

soccer ? cant remember a fight in this sport. As for hockey its part of the game. Not made for gays.....

Re: Re: Why is HOCKEY so violent??

Train Harder said:
The further north we traveled for games the rougher the players would become.

MUHAHHhHAAA!!:devil:

Played almost all my life and it is violent because you can be. Speed..a small space to play in....hard ice...sticks...a puck that hurts like hell sometimes....screaming fans.

Hockey is all about abusing your opponent in order to create space.

I'm about as North as you can be....and we rarely lost because we would knock around and make you want to go home.

Soccer fans in Europe are worse than the players.

As for hockey being violent...I'm in my fourth year of highschool hockey. I play physical b/c I can, and it helps my team do what it has to do. When I fight I make sure its worth it. I won't go over to the random Joe, and drop the gloves. But if someone blatantly tries to hurt me [i.e. slash, hit from behind, ect.], or one of my teammates then I'll fight them. Its a rough sport, and my favorite part is if I'm about to hit someone, that he can't run out of bounds.

Top Bottom