Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what does it take to play division I college basketball?

rcoleman3

im a 6'1" , 6'2" ish 195-200lb power forward, what does it take to play a division one point guard? i have a pretty good handle of the ball considerin i've played pf\center all my life and an average jumper...any tips?

theres no way you can play pf in div 1 with that height, its impossible. i'm 6'6 and i play sg or small forward at times, i sat out last year and hopefully gonna play at a community college this year. I played some pick up games with div 1 people and pros and number one thing what i think matters is being in the best shape possible, for every possesion you need to sprint down and if nothing happens sprint back on d

now when I sat out last year i gained over 30lbs and Im trying to get back in shape and thats why im here, and in the gym:) trying to do my best to get in best shape i can. if you get tired on the court you might aswell forget about playing or at least thats the case with me, cause then you'll start missing shots, making bad passes etc and its over.

basically to make all this short
1. for me being in good shape means everything, what I mean by that is when everyones tired Im still up and running and have tons of energry left.
2. obviusly you need skills, ball handling, understanding of the game, jumping is very important unless ur tall and smart, well and of course good shot and quick, explosive, good first step etc..

+++confidence+++

sconoscuito said:
theres no way you can play pf in div 1 with that height, its impossible. i'm 6'6 and i play sg or small forward at times, i sat out last year and hopefully gonna play at a community college this year. I played some pick up games with div 1 people and pros and number one thing what i think matters is being in the best shape possible, for every possesion you need to sprint down and if nothing happens sprint back on d

now when I sat out last year i gained over 30lbs and Im trying to get back in shape and thats why im here, and in the gym:) trying to do my best to get in best shape i can. if you get tired on the court you might aswell forget about playing or at least thats the case with me, cause then you'll start missing shots, making bad passes etc and its over.

basically to make all this short
1. for me being in good shape means everything, what I mean by that is when everyones tired Im still up and running and have tons of energry left.
2. obviusly you need skills, ball handling, understanding of the game, jumping is very important unless ur tall and smart, well and of course good shot and quick, explosive, good first step etc..

+++confidence+++

yes i know i couldn't play power forward, lol, that's not even an option...you pretty much answered the question i was lookin for, didn't know that endurance was that important, i knew it was somewhat important though...

rcoleman3 said:
im a 6'1" , 6'2" ish 195-200lb power forward, what does it take to play a division one point guard? i have a pretty good handle of the ball considerin i've played pf\center all my life and an average jumper...any tips?

Ball handling drills
speed and acceleration drills
playing the game @ the point guard spot as much as possible

The only difficulty I see is that you haven't played in this position. You will have to SEE the floor at all times. This means when there is defense up in your jock.

What year are you in school?

Top Bottom