Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what colour to paint a training area (For boxing etc)

danielson

Elite Mentor
Platinum
im making a traning area :) and i wanna know what colout to paint it, given colour can affect mood and what not

problem is the room is small, slightly smaller than a garage for a hatchback car, and only has 1 small window for light, you have to turn the lights on for good enough light (2 fluorescant 'stick/bar' lights)

i wanted to paint it red, as its a energetic colour, and fire passion etc are associated with it. but because there isnt much light in the room, im afraid of making it too dark a shade of red as it may make the room appear smaller, or worse, a blood red colour may put people off. but it has to be a strong enough colour to actually motivate people to hit stuff hard :)

whaddaya suggest? stick with a red like this? or darker lighter?

or another colour i've overlooked? floor is black, there will be green mats in there (can;t change that, so its gonna clash :) ) and thinkning about painting a black yin-yang on the wall, or a poster of a yin yang

If it is that dark why not paint it brilliant white. That is totally neutral. Then you can always put emotive stuff on top of that (like your ying-yang).

Otherwise, avoid pastels........particularly blue and pink!! (used in asylums to keep inmates calm).

If you really want to use red I'd go with darker red. The others were too orangey.........cant see that helping performance.

What color green are the mats? If they're a darker green, like a pine, then maroon would work good with the black and green. I'd paint the walls pine green for the bottom 1/3rd, then a black horizontal stripe, then proceed to maroon for the top 2/3 of the walls and the ceiling. On the wall opposite the window you could do the yin yang.

Breaking up the wall into sections like this would make it appear a bit wider. I did a half bath similarly but I incorporated a border at the top by the ceiling. You could paint in a repetitive yin yang border along the top of the wall if you're feeling creative. :rainbow:

thanks all :)

the mats are this colour

i think could get away with a darker colour on further thought, with the lights on its bright enough, just not 'natural light'

its gonna have a few bits of equipment in it as well, mainly a big punchbags and different types of punch and kick bags, one on the wall, one from the ceiling

:lmao: @ :aap

Top Bottom