Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves extended footage

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
that game looks pretty fucking cool. I like how when it comes time to shootin they zoom up into more of FPS perspective. I still wish they'd go full on with FPS while shooting, but hey....it's a step forward for 3rd person platformers.

But hansel, did you notice the graphical slight of hand this game pulls in order for it to seem like the graphics are ridiculous..??

that game looks pretty fucking cool. I like how when it comes time to shootin they zoom up into more of FPS perspective. I still wish they'd go full on with FPS while shooting, but hey....it's a step forward for 3rd person platformers.

But hansel, did you notice the graphical slight of hand this game pulls in order for it to seem like the graphics are ridiculous..??

Are you talking about depth of field? Ironically enough it actually takes more processing power to include that vs not. Enabling it in Crysis for example kicks the framerate down a few.

I agree it would be cool to snap into 1st person for gunfights ala MGS4. I think the platforming/melee system helps make up for it though.

When are they going to show some Halo ODST footage?

Oh I just stared playing a cinematic mod for Half Life 2, it's pretty tight.

467d2840735d.jpg

21186731b.jpg

ffe39f1b.jpg

9ffa9fd659d.jpg

8b36c0d225ce.jpg

5865378.jpg

69048ca6d4.jpg

I didn't have AA enabled or anything but you can tell a texture/lighting upgrade is there at practically no performance hit.
This is an old mod too compared to the HD one out now, where you need a 64 bit OS just to hold all the texture memory, not to mention a gig of video memory.

when the graphics looked UNREAL.....it was more of a cutscene where you had some ability to move your aiming around to fire at the front of the truck that was chasing you. Not really "in game" footage where you have complete freedom of movement. THis allows them to basically make a scene that comes across as "in game" when in fact it's more of a cinematic. DOn't get me wrong, the graphics afterward were pretty fucking good too......nothing I don't see the 360 doing though.......although if ps3 games get any better looking than this than yeah, it'll outpace the 360. If uncharted isn't tapping out the ps3, than I am not unimpressed. Is it coming to PC??

when the graphics looked UNREAL.....it was more of a cutscene where you had some ability to move your aiming around to fire at the front of the truck that was chasing you. Not really "in game" footage where you have complete freedom of movement. THis allows them to basically make a scene that comes across as "in game" when in fact it's more of a cinematic. DOn't get me wrong, the graphics afterward were pretty fucking good too......nothing I don't see the 360 doing though.......although if ps3 games get any better looking than this than yeah, it'll outpace the 360. If uncharted isn't tapping out the ps3, than I am not unimpressed. Is it coming to PC??

Yeah it's basically an on-rails event similar to the bike chase sequence in MGS4 but only on-foot. But that section didn't really look any better than the rest of it, seeing as it's all still being rendered on the same game engine. The way it was presented just made it stand out as being more impressive.
I think that developer is a Sony in-house one so doubtfull it'll end up anywhere else. I'm cool with just watching it though. I get bored with console games now; I haven't even tried Killzone 2 yet, and am not in any real hurry to either haha. I wish Epic would get their shit together and port Gears 2 to PC. It's not like the 360 version is as good as it could get. I think they're still patching the multiplayer on that one. What pisses me off is they make it sound like the PC version would be so much of a hassle for little pay off but yet even the console version was buggy.

I just picked up CoD: W@W for $25 off Steam and it kicks ass. Has all the current map packs included as well. I was surprised a WWII shooter would still have this much guts.

yeah I'm pretty much non plussed by video games right now. Everything is so ADHD motivated with no cerebral aspects to the game anymore. It's just run in this predetermined path and kill some predictable enemies we throw in your way. Catch your breath, wash rinse repeat. It's annoying. I like real world shooters. The HL games are about as close as you can get to that. I'm waiting for the next great shooter on PC. The reason I havent' broke down and gotten my PC yet is cause the penultimate shooter right now is crysis which is that kind of run and gun nonsense I was talking about. I know someone is going to make something ridiculous in the next 1-2 years, so I'm holding off on a PC till I see what that uber game will require. I'm sick of console games, but Uch.2 I have to admit looks kind of tight. I like splinter cell type stuff mixed in with the running and shooting. I'm not going to get a PS3 just for this game though..........which is why I hope it makes it's way to PC.

yeah I'm pretty much non plussed by video games right now. Everything is so ADHD motivated with no cerebral aspects to the game anymore. It's just run in this predetermined path and kill some predictable enemies we throw in your way. Catch your breath, wash rinse repeat. It's annoying. I like real world shooters. The HL games are about as close as you can get to that. I'm waiting for the next great shooter on PC. The reason I havent' broke down and gotten my PC yet is cause the penultimate shooter right now is crysis which is that kind of run and gun nonsense I was talking about. I know someone is going to make something ridiculous in the next 1-2 years, so I'm holding off on a PC till I see what that uber game will require. I'm sick of console games, but Uch.2 I have to admit looks kind of tight. I like splinter cell type stuff mixed in with the running and shooting. I'm not going to get a PS3 just for this game though..........which is why I hope it makes it's way to PC.

Uhhh HL isn't exactly cerebral lol. It has a grade A presentation for an fps and awesome physics but aside from that it's just another linear shooter. But with a gravity gun. Crysis at least has an option of being more cerebral if you choose to play it that way (at least the first half).
It's doubtful a game like Uncharted will ever come to 360 for contractual reasons as well as simply not enough demand yet for it to. I would say it would be roughly akin to Mass Effect coming to PS3.
Microsoft is doing a new Splinter Cell game though, and it looks like it's been reinvented a little. It'll probably be at E3.

Watch this-
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Top Bottom