Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC 59 Reality Check - This Saturday Night

edouble

UFC 59 Reality Check Preview
by Matt Friezo , Team IronLife.com Staff Writer

UFC59.gif

There is alot of great fights on this card.. and As always I'm gonna try to act smart and make my picks.. "Reality Check" really is a good name for this card.. This event is gonna make, break, and show who really is the man.. Bad blood, Ego's, & Heart its all here.. Come Saturday Night get ready for a Great Night of Fights.. And here is the way I see It going..

- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia

IL53UFC24.jpg

Andrei Arlovski & Matt Friezo at UFC 53

Here we go again.. The two big boys go at it again.. In the HW division There is not many big names in the UFC... So we knew this fight would happen again.. Sylvia did do good to get the chance again.. With an impressive high kick knockout of Tra Telligman, and a decision win over Assuerio Silva.. But I feel he is biting off more he can Chew.. Arlovski is the champ for a good reason. The first time they fought The Pitbull knocked Sylvia down with a nice right then finished with a heel hook to make Big Tim tapout.. Sylvia said "I took you lightly the last time" ......HUH? how do you take Arlovski easy? He is a beast.. He can get hit.. but He'll recover.. I don't see this one making it into the second round.. Arlovski 1st Round Late KO..

For full article please click here.

UFC59.gif

THE PICKS​

- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia = Arlovski by KO in round 1.

- Evan Tanner vs. Justin Levens = Levens by TKO in round 1.

- David Terrell vs. Scott Smith = Smith by KO in round 3.

- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin = Forrest by submission in round 2.

- Thiago Alves vs. Derrick Noble = Alves by submission in round 2.

- Karo Parisyan vs. Nick Thompson = Parisyan by submission in round 2.

- Nick Diaz vs. Sean Sherk = Sherk by judges decision.

- Jeff Monson vs. Marcio Cruz = Monson by submission in round 1.

- Jason Lambert vs. Terry Martin = Lambert by KO in round 2.

Heres how I see it going

Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia = Arlovski by KO in round 1. (Sylvia isn't that good to begin with and has been even worse since hes been drug free.)

- Evan Tanner vs. Justin Levens = Tanner TKO in round 3 or by decision (Levens gas is questionable while tanner is very experienced and VERY hungry right now)

- David Terrell vs. Scott Smith = Terrell sub in rd 2.

- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin = Tito by stoppage in rnd 3 (I HATE to say it but I think Tito may finally have learned he has a week chin and shouldn't stand and trade with a good striker. Also Forrest opens up easily which is not good when you have elbows like tito's. Rnd 3 because since 2001 all tito fights have been rnd 3 or above)

- Thiago Alves vs. Derrick Noble = Alves by submission in round 2.

- Karo Parisyan vs. Nick Thompson = Parisyan by submission in round 2.

- Nick Diaz vs. Sean Sherk = Sherk by judges decision. Good call here but it should be a war because Diaz knows hes on his way down if he doesn't win tomorrow.

- Jeff Monson vs. Marcio Cruz = Monson by submission in round 2.
Monson won't get cruz in the first.

- Jason Lambert vs. Terry Martin = Lambert by KO in round 2. I hope this KO is by another flying knee to the face :)

Yeah Karo's fight was really good.

Tito looked frustrated in the 2nd and didn't do anything.

Sylvia just got lucky. He was OUT then Arlovski ran into his fist. Although, I gotta admit, he should fought for position to avoid having the ref jump in. Very disappointing.

My respect for Forrest Griffin went up 100%. Tito beat him in the first round like he stole something. It was a brutal ground and pound clinic. Then the second round, Forrest defended the double legs and beat Tito standing. Round three would have gone Forrest's way if he could have avoided the takedown, but I think that was the deciding factor. Only one judge agreed with me that the first round was a 10-8 round. Tito murdered him in round one.

I was reading MMAweekly and they said Tito tore his ACL in the fight. Could be why he didnt shoot for shit after the first round

plrpower said:
I was reading MMAweekly and they said Tito tore his ACL in the fight. Could be why he didnt shoot for shit after the first round

That makes sense... Tito looked like a different fighter in round two. I knew something was wrong with him. That sucks... he is going to be on the shelf for another year.

Top Bottom