Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training for Boxing: What improves musclular endurance?

Longhorn85

I have been lifting regularly and running for years, but when I spar my shoulders and arms get fatiqued. I want to outlast the other guy and continue with quality, crisp combinations in the latter rounds while he's flailing away or dying.

Other than a lot of pushups, chinups, overhead hand claps and high rep delt exercises, any tips?

I was always under the impression that boxers do not do weights. I dont know for sure though, but i swear i heard someone told me they only do body weight exercises like pushup, pull ups etc. I kinda found that hard to beleive though because boxers have awsome physiques. Anyway does anyone know the answer to this?

Just work on the heavy bag, that will help your endurance more than any weight lifting exercise.

When you run hold some dumbells that are a little heavier than your gloves.

Cheeta,

Belive it or not, boxers do very little weight training.

ttlpkg,
Are you on any boxer specific weight lifting program?? I'm looking for one now, but can't really find anything.

check this out

The best way to build stamina for late round punching is to hit the bag. When I train for a boxing tournament, I punch the heavy bag four times a week. One thing you can do is to take dumbbells, ten or fifteen ounds, and hit the heavy bag for like four or five minutes without a break. It really tires the shoulders out, and builds stamina and endurance. push-ups and chin-ups also help.
Many boxers do lift weights, but usually only once a week for upper body and once a week for legs, and never within a month of a fight. It makes it impossible to make weight. WHat kind of an organization do you box with?

TC2 said:
Cheeta,

Belive it or not, boxers do very little weight training.

ttlpkg,
Are you on any boxer specific weight lifting program?? I'm looking for one now, but can't really find anything.

Good advice folks. I am fighting in an amateur bout on July 19th. I stay in pretty good shape through running and lifting, but I am trying to maximize my preparation. I have been working the heavy bag, doing a lot of shadow boxing with 5 lb weights, jump rope, etc. I have also had a lot of ring work the past week with a couple of experienced boxers. If I keep this up for these next two weeks I should be ready.

Top Bottom