Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tommy Maddox--Steelers Backup QB

Zerxes

Anyone see this dude play today? He looked like Joe Montana I swear. Played the last like 6 minutes of the game, as well as OT, and brought the Steelers back to win the game. Bill Cowher said after the win though, that Kordell will be the starter next week. WTF is that??!!?! Anyone else think that's bullshit, and that he(Cowher) is just trying to avoid the media making a huge deal out of the situation, and thus putting unneeded pressure onto Maddox for next weeks game against New Orleans?

What do you think... Puc --- Madbomber??:confused:

i think cower knows how much fucking money they spent on krordell and feels pressured into starting him even tho i have always thought he sucked... maddox is a good QB definately best thing to come out of the XFL

He was the LA Extremes quarterback when the xfl was goin on a few years ago. I went to every home game and he was awsome. Hope he gets to play alot more soon.

ya and FU looked a lot better than jerome, too.

Here is the thing, though, both of the browns starting corners were injured. Pitt went no huddle and 4 wides against the second stringers.

that being said, though, tommy is a lot more accurate than kordell. kordell just can throw the ball to a receiver; tommy can throw the ball where the receiver wants it.

hell, he backed up elway long before the xfl....

kordell is their guy, they've showed it year in and year out... it always seems to go back to him... he is an absolutely shitty qb though... kordell will get at least once more chance this season.. if he fucks up next week then MAYBE they make the change, but kordell gives them their best chance at winning on a consistant basis.

steelers need this guy....

nfl4.jpg

I'm hoping that Tommy ends up being to the Steelers, what Jim Plunkett ended up being to the Raiders in the early to mid eighties--i.e, a guy that everyone thought was overrated when he played for another team(Pats), and then came into his own with a new team only after experiencing his share of ups & downs in the league. Stranger things have happened. Tommy doesn't lock onto receivers like Kordell does. Fuck guys, Kordell has been their QB for how many years now, and noone is still sure weather or not he is the right guy for the job. That says alot right there imo. I also feel that Kordell is a serious headcase when it comes to pressure to produce. Remember his first year as a starter(1996) when there wasn't any pressure on him to really produce much(due to the fact that he was starting for the first time), and yet he puts up impressive numbers. After that, there was a precident of excellence set, and fans & coaches expected the same results consistently. Once that happened, he went to shit. Last year was almost the same situation. They had a new Offensive Coordinator, alot of 1st & second year receivers, a questionable Offensive Line, and not much expectations of anything more than perhaps a 9-7 season. With little or no pressure for any sort of excellence, he shined. Now this year once again, there has been the same precident of high expectations set, and he is doing the same damn thing. Confidence is at least %50 of a QBs ability to excell in the NFL. Look at Flutie. Kordell is easlily shaken, and that is his biggest problem. He is a good team player, and has alot of skills, but the load that a QB has to carry for a team seems to wear on him mentally, resulting in alot of self-doubt.

madbomber31 said:
hell, he backed up elway long before the xfl....

kordell is their guy, they've showed it year in and year out... it always seems to go back to him... he is an absolutely shitty qb though... kordell will get at least once more chance this season.. if he fucks up next week then MAYBE they make the change, but kordell gives them their best chance at winning on a consistant basis.

So what did you think of Joey Harrington? The Lions looked like a different team yesterday....all they need now is a running back.

Top Bottom