Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Those looking to get GT5, be warned

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
For as high as the expectations were for this game, feedback so far has been hit and miss. This is as good an example as any to show how too much time to make a game can be just as bad as too little.

Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game – driving is as exhilarating as anything that’s gone before, and slavish obsession with the minutiae of many of its cars ensure it's an encyclopaedia of automotive delights.

Its brilliance on the track, however is matched by its sloppiness off of it, and there’s a lack of polish that would at one time have seemed sacrilegious to the series. Ultimately its driving wins out to ensure that it’s still a great game, but it leaves that nagging doubt; this could have been a masterpiece were it not for the fact that Polyphony was so absorbed with the detail that it took its eye off the ball.

Gran Turismo 5 Review - PlayStation 3 Review at IGN

Gran Turismo 5 Critic Reviews for PlayStation 3 at Metacritic.com

I'm glad I don't care about this series otherwise I'd be inclined to be disappointed. It seems one of the main kinks was caused by the inclusion of stereoscopic 3D support. They should've nixed the 3D shit and focused those last couple years on making the rest of the game great. Visuals go from amazing to "Blegh is that a PS1 game?!" with everything in between. Polyphony Digital clearly bit off more than they can chew and lost focus this time. It works, but a lot of other things appear to have suffered getting it there.

Here's more info on that bit for any other nerds-
Gran Turismo 5 Tech Analysis - Page 3 | DigitalFoundry | Eurogamer.net

Of course, hardcore driving sim fans still have a hell of a game to play, but as a broad range of initial impressions have stated, don't go in expecting everything to shine.

I might be a nitpick here, but I thought the buildings looked a bit flat, like they had no depth. Cardboard cutouts for buildings, lols.

The cars looked incredible though.

b0und (2 cents)

I'd love to get one of these newer, super realistic racing games since I love sports car and open wheel racing and have taken the Barber open wheel race driving school course. The amount of money necessary to invest in the console and all the specialized kit to make it worthwhile really puts me off the idea though.

I still prefer nintendo games and these new graphics don't impress me usually. They still look as shit anyway.
Too many buttons and you have to make it a full time job to learn all this crap. Give me a game that I can learn to play quickly with not too many buttons but is still challenging. I have a life and cannot waste my life on BS like learning how to play complex video games that aren't even fun.

Ok, based on this I made up my mind:

I will get a 360 and this game.

Can somebody post reviews for it, I'm going to sleep now.

Karma if you do, make a new thread even.

b0und (this is too fuggin cool)

Top Bottom