Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

this seems like s great type of lift to do for martial artists....

danielson

Elite Mentor
Platinum
http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=137638

talks about clean and jerks etc, olympic style lifts basically

just curious as to how many martial artists or sportsmen use them, how they incorporated them into their weights routine and did they ever feel at any time they endangered themselves (injuries risk etc)

have they made you more explosive? how are they for overall strength building? size building?

i really wanna work these into a routine now, but since they seem kinda all bosy i cant figure where. they got me excited though:)

(oh and if you get the weight up, how do you get it down without scaring the crap outta everyone in the gym and the nearby vacinity with the noise? )

I've thought the very same thing for a long time. Its only logical that they would promote the qualities needed for fighting. When I was fighting seriously, I only did relevant lifts(deads, squats, militaries, SL deads, presses, etc). But, I haven't been able to find anyone knowledgable enough in olympic lifting to learn from. Since I have a lot of injuries waiting to be resurected I have to be careful and I know without excellent form these lifts can fuck you pretty bad. Since I can't find anyone, I've only tried them a few times, and stopped. I really want to find someone that can teach me though.

Also, have you ever seen a powerlifter jump? My God, they launch. Imagine what olympic lifts can do for singles, doubles, throws, etc.

this is my main fear about them......as lifts go these are pretty damn high risk. and some teeny bopper in the weights room running from mirror to mirror to flex and it becomes even more dangerous in a commerical gym :(

in terms of lifts i do, pretty much the same, but im always concious of how i need to get my explosivness up. i'd relish being able to be able to apply that strength and explosivness to a throw, kick, punch :evil:

this is how bruce lee managed to fuck himself up for 6 months incase anyone didnt realise. it wasnt because someone kicked him in the back, he didnt warm up properly on clean and presses and screwed his back up. im doubly afraid now :worried:

im gonna go ask people in my gym, ive never seen a powerlifter in there, but maybe a couple might have trained with one.

btw whats a single and a double? types of grapple?

Its just wrestler speak for shooting a single or double leg. From there, olympic lifts could help you do any number of things, like a bahiana(what Frank Shamrock did to that poor Russian bastard in the UFC). Or, if your opponent gets you in a triangle(what Royce had Kimo in while holding his hair in the old time UFC), you would have the lower back power to pick him up and bounce him like a basketball over and over again.:)

this is what i get for doing a kung fu style i guess, thanks for the explanation :).

we dont get UFC over here :( they wanna bring it but a bunch of people are saying its too hardcore or something?!? meanwhile full muay thai is allowed on TV

Top Bottom