Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

thinking of taking up boxing...

bonez

im 6ft 1(and growing) and about 150 pounds.. im thinking of taking up boxing. Would it be a lot more beneficial if i gained some serious strength and mass b4 i did because im basically a twig now..the men in my family though have all been "late bloomers" and pretty big.. after they finished growing. In last two years i've gone from 5'4 to 6'1 and im 17. My grandfathers brother was a professional boxer to..

Think of boxing as a skill. It's never too early to start learning but you might consider waiting until your comfortable at your size, strength, and skill level before competing.

Bonez

Size, strength and stamina all come with starting boxing. It doesn't matter your size really. As for age, the younger the better. I was boxing for two years and I saw some tiny guys ( much smaller than you) that were absolute machines. Start now, you definetely won't regret it.

Hal

i started a few months ago, due to my gym being taken over by tossers that ended a little while ago. its heaps of fun and size isnt important, you may as well try it, after a few weeks if you dont like it then go from there

yea im definetly doing this stuff to kick ass... and i dont need the peace of mind crap either. I get pushed around quite a bit and people are always making me out to be a weakling. Like some kid thats 5'3 and 100 pounds said he could beat me up and my sister could beat me up. Theres no doubt in my mind i could kill either of them with my barehands :). Anyway i was thinking of taking kicking boxing or maybe BJJ cuz theres one not to far from my house i may take..i'd basically just like to learn street grappling and kick boxing like basically what frank shamrock or tito ortiz uses in a fight.

Little Grasshopper :rolleyes:
You should not dirty you're hands fighting...:angel:
Get a gun and shoot them much easier..
this is a Shaolin Master free advice

bonez boxing is a wonderful sport. Very fun and allows you to challenge
yourself. Ive been involved in amateur boxing for a little over a year and
I love it. Lifting weights is helpful to gain strength, but extra mass does not
always help in the ring, especially if you start boxing seriously and get involved
with weight classes - here, your relatively light mass could actually be an advantage
if you are strong for your size. The keys to boxing are develpoing good form
to your punches, for this is where true power comes from, and knowing and accepting
the fact that you will be jacked in the face. Personally, Im not a particularly skillful
boxer, not very quick, not monstrously strong, but I LOVE getting punched in the
face. It's an acquired taste.
King Slender

Start boxing and you'll soon get a feel for the kinda physique you'll want to carry, and also the training will mould you somewhat. Your training will also give you good advice. Remember, if you feel you can comfortably be the best you can be, you physique won't matter a bit because it will have already grown with you.

If i was to do boxing training(for strength and stamina no doubt) what would be the best way of also training for mass? Could someone (preferably a boxer or former one) give me a good training split(Pm me if needed).......cheers

Top Bottom