Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The living spirit of baseball!

• Thread starter Thread starter buksoon
  • Start date Start date
B

buksoon

So I met a man who embodied the reason why baseball is so magical.

I work (for the time being) at this sleazy hotel, the type of elegant, high-class place that might be seen on an episode of Cops! Our motto is: "We put the 'ho' in hotel!"

Anyway, this very old--we're talkin' ancient--black man came in the other day. He was from Mississippi. He was wearing a Yankees cap and needed a room because he was going to the World Series. He just sorta stumbled in, not knowing the place's rep. (But hey, Jesus hung out in such places and among such people, right? Mary Magdalen and all that.) Anyway.

When he saw how into baseball I was, he showed me his collection of World Series tickets--from the first (price was $2) to now. He explained how he used to go with his wife, but she passed away, so now he goes alone.

We talked for awhile. The next day he came in to check out and reached over the counter to give me a hug. I thought: this man is an angel.

Forget all the crap about arbitration and that nasty strike and some players' attitudes and all of it. The "spirit of baseball" lives!

buksoon said:
So I met a man who embodied the reason why baseball is so magical.

I work (for the time being) at this sleazy hotel, the type of elegant, high-class place that might be seen on an episode of Cops! Our motto is: "We put the 'ho' in hotel!"

Anyway, this very old--we're talkin' ancient--black man came in the other day. He was from Mississippi. He was wearing a Yankees cap and needed a room because he was going to the World Series. He just sorta stumbled in, not knowing the place's rep. (But hey, Jesus hung out in such places and among such people, right? Mary Magdalen and all that.) Anyway.

When he saw how into baseball I was, he showed me his collection of World Series tickets--from the first (price was $2) to now. He explained how he used to go with his wife, but she passed away, so now he goes alone.

We talked for awhile. The next day he came in to check out and reached over the counter to give me a hug. I thought: this man is an angel.

Forget all the crap about arbitration and that nasty strike and some players' attitudes and all of it. The "spirit of baseball" lives!

Now those are the types of guys I like to hang out with. A few weeks back I hung out with Dusty Baker and Leon Brown for about three hours talking baseball in general but more about hitting. I learned more in those three hours than my last 10 years playing ball.

Top Bottom