Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Burger King's touchdown run is portrayed inaccurately

PICK3

His attempt to mimic a Steve Young run by faking a pass as a lefty looks convincing, but he takes the snap with his right hand on top. :worried:

PICK3 said:
Yeah ... why did he get traded from the Bucs? He was a first round pick wasn't he?
i cant remember if the bucs drafted him in the regualr draft or the supplemental draft, i know he played in the usfl and then when that folded the bucs had his rights
why did they trade him? because the team sucked so bad it was hard to see his potential i guess

i like calgary

that commercial freaks me out....his big head and everything...i find it disturbing.

hamstershaver said:
i cant remember if the bucs drafted him in the regualr draft or the supplemental draft, i know he played in the usfl and then when that folded the bucs had his rights
why did they trade him? because the team sucked so bad it was hard to see his potential i guess

You hit the nail on the head. I found this:

Young signed a record 10-year, $40m contract with the Los Angeles Express of the defunct United States Football League in 1984. However, the league ceased operations in 1985 after a disastrous move to a fall/winter schedule to compete with the National Football League, and Young signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after being the first player selected in that year's supplemental draft. However, the Buccaneers posted 2-14 win-loss records in each of Young's two seasons with them, and Young's record as starter was a miserable 3-16. When the Buccaneers selected University of Miami quarterback Vinny Testaverde first overall in the 1987 NFL draft, Young was deemed a bust and traded to the San Francisco 49ers on April 24, 1987, to serve as a backup to Joe Montana.

Oh yeah ... and this too:

Steve Young's 1988 scramble against the Minnesota Vikings was featured in a 2006 Burger King commercial with the Burger King "King" digitally superimposed over the young quarterback

Top Bottom