Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Bucs look like idiots for firing Dungy. Or: A bird in the hand...

Longhorn85

The Bucs fired the first coach to get them to the playoffs in consecutive seasons in Dungy, and even though they had stagnated somewhat they were probably only a draft pick and a couple of free agents away from improvement.

They thought they were going to get Parcells, but he changed his mind. (By the way, I am not so impressed with the big tuna after his antics over the last few years).

Now they are stuck with no coach, and the best candidates out there are guess what? Successful Defensive Coordinators at Baltimore, St Louis and Pittsburgh. All wanna-be Tony Dungys.

I laughed when I herd the tuna pulled out. Who didn't see this coming? I mean damn.... The guy has a long history of taking and quiting jobs before he even starts!

Dungy was to conservative on offense. That was why he got canned.

The bucs are my team and I am glad Mr. No Emotion is gone.

But, I am a little concerned about what the future holds for TB...

XBiker said:
Dungy was to conservative on offense. That was why he got canned.

He's the best they've had. I think if they picked up Drew Bledsoe and another good WR they would have been awesome under Dungy.

Johnson is a good QB, hell he broke every Bucs QB record, with 1 wise reciever, an offensive line that makes a sieve look water tight, no running game, and 1 reciever!

Bucs need 2 wide recievers(although I think Carl Williams will be a good 3rd reciever) and a new O-Line!

Tony should have kept Les Steckel, and let him do his job!

You win football games by scoring more points than the other team, not by scoring 9 points and expecting your defense to hold the other taem for 40-45 minutes minutes!

needleboy said:
Johnson is a good QB, hell he broke every Bucs QB record, with 1 wise reciever, an offensive line that makes a sieve look water tight, no running game, and 1 reciever!

No excuse for a poor running game with Alstott & Dunn. And absolutely a CRIME that Keshawn Johnson only caught 1 TD pass. The only way I could accept that is if Brad Johnson had plenty of interceptions in the opponents end zone to show for the many, many attempts to get it to Keshawn in the red zone. That is just not the case.

ttlpkg said:

No excuse for a poor running game with Alstott & Dunn. And absolutely a CRIME that Keshawn Johnson only caught 1 TD pass. The only way I could accept that is if Brad Johnson had plenty of interceptions in the opponents end zone to show for the many, many attempts to get it to Keshawn in the red zone. That is just not the case.

You can't blame Brad if the OC had no plays that got Keyshawn the ball in the end zone. They actually had no plays to get the ball in the end zone at all!

Your right about the running game, especially since neither Dunn or Allstott needs a very big whole, but they do at least need a small one!

needleboy said:

You can't blame Brad if the OC had no plays that got Keyshawn the ball in the end zone. They actually had no plays to get the ball in the end zone at all!

Your right about the running game, especially since neither Dunn or Allstott needs a very big whole, but they do at least need a small one!

Look at how often they called plays that threw the ball deep. Rarely, if ever. That was the problem.

1-2-3-Punt.

You cannot rely on your backs to carry the offense.

Also, when opposing team's offense know you are not throwing deep, the safety's are able to move in to the secondary and assist the mid-field pass and back the linebackers.

Pittsburgh's defense proved that 100%.

Top Bottom