Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Bengals will never go to the Super Bowl as long as Mike Brown is alive

Swole_2112

This is a subject that I have ranted about a great deal to my family and friends and now I will rant about it to all of you. I grew up about an hour west of Cincinnati and have followed the Bengals since '91. In all that time, as some of you may already know, the Bengals have not had a winning season. The reason: Bengals owner, Mike Brown. He is at the heart of the problem. He's a cheap ass owner that placed himself as general manager and has his kids do the scouting. Look at this brief time line. In '89 the Bengals went to the Super Bowl against the 49ers and lost 20-16. At this point in time Paul Brown (Mike Brown's father) was the owner. The following season the Bengals went to the playoffs as a wildcard but were beat out in the second round. During the following off-season Paul Brown dies and his son, Mike Brown, takes over as owner AND general manager. That following season (the season of 1991), the Bengals went 3-13 and haven't had a winning season yet. In spite of the different coaches and players to come and go, the one consistent factor in this whole jacked up equation has been Mike Brown. He's not a football fan, he's a business man, and a shitty one at that. He's not willing to pay the money that is required to get good players and keep them. Also, and just as bad, he's not willing to put someone else in charge of the team, step back, and let them run it. So, there you have it in a nut shell. Question: Why haven't the Bengals been in the running in so long? Answer: Mike Brown. So, what can all we Bengal fans do about it? Wait around and dance at his funeral.

Top Bottom