Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

That's fucking it shoulder, you're going down...

Tom Treutlein

New member
Alright, I'm sick of ignoring it. My right shoulder is aching to lift it now after a workout. All my presses suffer from it. Benches especially, and I can feel it during military presses as well. Now, I think I just had a rotator cuff problem for awhile, because I remember being in 7th grade and doing some type of wrestling drills in gym (a class thing, it was stupid) and rolled forward as we were supposed to, but landed on my right shoulder wrong. I'm assuming it's that.

Anyway, my bench is also a bit uneven, so when I lie down it makes the left side a bit higher than the right (probably putting unnecessary strain on my right shoulder). It's nothing big. The right side hits the bar (with which I adjust the settings, decline, flat or incline) while the left doesn't come in contact. It's about half an inch away.

So...what do I do? I can feel my lifts suffering. I can't progress very far past certain numbers and I'm beginning to think this is why. For awhile I was doing okay without doing anything about it, but now it's becoming more prominent, something which would probably be dangerous to try and work through.

Who do I go to? 'cuz I don't trust doctors at all. Sports coach at my school? Some special...place?
o.O
 
I got a few question's..i know youve posted before that you cant work out at a gym? Just curious why you cant, if its something you cant share fine i understand..but if your pressing heavy weight ( low reps) an uneven bench is not good for your lifts or the body..having good equipment is very important..

I dont know if you play sports in school but i wouldnt talk to a "coach" i would talk to a trainer..tell him your situation get his opinion..pick his brain..you may find even though hes only a trainer you may have a lot of knowledge..my old trainer back in HS was great (ex powerlifter) helped me out a lot with little injuries and we used to lift together too..

In all honesty your best bet might be a sports med Dr...
 
Well I could use the school gym once it starts up again but I don't like lifting with others around. I workout at home because it's more conveinent, and I can't join a regular gym 'cuz I'm not wealthy enough.

The at-home equipment isn't terrible, I just need to fix the uneven bench. I don't know why it's that way, 'cuz my dad put it together with me and we went over it twice, and I know he knows what he's doing. Maybe I can get something to place underneath the left side to give it some stability.

I need to find a way to fix this before I gnaw my own shoulder off. I'll do it.
 
No specific rotator work.

The pain is localized more towards the rear of my shoulder. Say, at the bottom of a benching movement, when the elbow is drawn back against the body, the fist almost parallel with the waist, you reach up and touch a depression made in the flesh, where you can feel a bone...that area, if you understand what I mean.
 
I'm interested in any helpful suggestions seeing how my right shoulder has also been acting up for a few months now. I think its rotator cuff related cos I had problems in high school when I swam and played baseball. It's really annoying cos I can't really pinpoint the pain cos its on and off but I do know that after a lift it's sore as shit the next day on top of an occasional sharp internal pain.
 
Tom Treutlein said:
No specific rotator work.

The pain is localized more towards the rear of my shoulder. Say, at the bottom of a benching movement, when the elbow is drawn back against the body, the fist almost parallel with the waist, you reach up and touch a depression made in the flesh, where you can feel a bone...that area, if you understand what I mean.
i know what you mean, i suffered the same thing just a few weeks ago. i would say try rotator specific exercises. isn't killahbee having the same problem? i think he may be able to help you out. i any case i would strongly suggest not to continue training the same way you are now. i did, and a week or two ago my shoulder suddenly 'locked up' or something while doing inclines and the bar went flying all over the place, nearly tearing my arm off in the process. (atleast that's what it felt like lol) it still hurts like a bitch.
 
Top Bottom