Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tank Abbot

Tarheel

Am I the only one that just loves to watch him fight? Sure he might not have the same mat skill but he's by far my favorite UFC-type fighter.

What happened to him?

He beats up fat guys. Period

Anybody remember the beating Vitor Belfort gave him. Holding his head, grimacing in pain, while Belfort hammered away on the side of his head!

For what it's worth. He brings entertainment and his appearance is enough for viewers to tune in.

tank never won a fight against anyone with skill. but he is one of the most entertaining fighters ever.

tank is very important as far as NHB/MMA history is concerned. he helped dispel the "kung fu master" myth. the dude got off a bar stool, put some gloves on, and kicked ass.

tank was in fightsport magazine recently. he was wearing a gi and was smirking in different karate stances. LOL

Guys like that are always good in bar fights though. I would welcome him to work along side me in the clubs. Everyone needs a bar room brawler on the staff.

Andy Kaufman said:
tank never won a fight against anyone with skill. but he is one of the most entertaining fighters ever.

Tank wrecked Hugo Duarte, not a top level fighter, but a pretty skilled Luta Livre practicioner.

Tank always makes for an interesting fight.

He was sitting out his big dollar AOL/Time Warner contract from when WCW folded. I am sure that is up now, but I know he was making some pretty good bank for doing nothing.

I suspect you will see him come back for a couple of fights. Most likely in Pride would be my guess. A tune up fight and then either Bob Sapp or Quinten "Rampage" Jackson. Both of which could be good fights.

Tito > Tank

Tito is the better UFC type fighter.
A classic trained martial artist/wrestler.
A fighter who does his work like a surgeon.
He has beaten guys bigger; it is skill and focused aggression that counts.
If there is a match up between Tito and Tank, Tito will KO him, or choke him into submission.

As for case history; Tank was wasted by Pedro Rizzo by KO, Rizzo is smaller but a trained surgical fighter.
To sum it up if there are two fighters of roughly the same skill, the guy with classical cross-maritial arts/wrestling training will ALWAYS win over a brawler.

Last edited:
Top Bottom