Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tang Soo Do or other MMA for Me!

Sartan

High End Bro
Platinum
Hey fellows,
I have 2 descent options here!
A guy that teaches some Indonesian Karate/Judo MMA for $50 a month 2 days a week or
A dojo that teaches Tang Soo Do for $60 a month

*My background is a little American Karate when I was a Kid
*4 years Highschool wrestling(I was pretty good if I do say myself)
* USMC training (mostly drills I never took seriously)

I love submission stuff and joint manuliplation but want an overall self-defence class as well and I fell great about my ground/grappling stuff compared to a non- MMA grappler.

What should I do please speak up and tell me about what you think!
There is no Kickboxing or BJJ around here so saying do those isnt helpful as this isnt an option.

thanks
Sartan :freak:

Your best bet is to go watch a few of the classes from each school, and decide which is best for you. I haven't seen a TSD class myself, but it may be more like Tae Kwon Do--not very street-applicable (I take TKD, so please, no flames. I love it, but it's application is limited). On the other hand, a mix of karate/judo may be the closest thing to MMA that you have

But, go see each class, and decide. If you have a good base already for ground fighting, you may want something with more upright striking, and TSD may be it.

additionally I found 2 different gyms
one teaches Judo teacher like 5th degree

the other
jui jitsu 6th degree and judo 4th degree

Sartan
Karma for advice worth hearing!

def go with the jujitsu/judo classes. Combined with the wrestling ull be a great ground fighter. Most fights end up there anyhow.

tang sun do isnt as lame as i initially thought it was

it is traditional, and they do have too many jumpy impractical moves IMO

but they have locking, work in karate and taekwon do style punching, their stance isnt half bad and they work you hard. it looks good as an all round fighting style :)

I took tang soo do in college and didn't learn that much. It was mainly some self defense shit and streching. I learned the most from SAFTA training. Lew Hicks kicks ass. Buy the vid and try.

Top Bottom