Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shawn Springs Busted for juice

neo1605

Springs out 4 games for violating NFL's steroid policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Shawn Springs has been suspended four games for a violation of the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances, a league spokesman confirmed Tuesday night for ESPN.com.

Springs, 26, will miss this Sunday's home game against San Diego and then games at Denver (Dec. 9), against Dallas (Dec. 16) and at the New York Giants (Dec. 23). He will be eligible to return to the eligible roster on Dec. 24, meaning he could play in the final two games of the season.

The five-year veteran will be docked four game checks, or about $355,555, based on his 2001 base salary of $1.6 million. During the term of the suspension, Springs cannot work out at the Seahawks facility or be in contact with team officials.

Unlike the league's substance abuse policy, commissioner P:aul Tagliabue can suspend a player for his first violation of the steroid guidelines.

A first-round pick in the 1997 draft, and the third player selected overall, Springs missed the first month of this campaign rehabilitating from a severe hamstring injury suffered in the preseason. There was speculation Tuesday night that Springs may have turned to the steroids to help recover from the hamstring injury.

League confidentiality guidelines prohibit NFL or team officials from commenting on the suspension in specifics or on the timing of the positive test. But a source close to Springs said he was "shocked" by the suspension.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Neither the star cornerback nor his agent, Eugene Parker, could be reached for reaction and team officials had no immediate comment.

Springs has been a starter since his rookie season. He has played in 65 games and started 64 of them, and has 292 tackles, 16 interceptions and 60 passes defensed. He was named to the Pro Bowl team for the 1998 season.

What's the difference. 4 games and he's playing again. He should ask all his teamates how to pass the tests. I would of thought a big football school like Ohio state would have a class for this kind of thing.

at my div 1 school, baseball, the whole team would get together and swap AS that they were not using for shit they were using....like a damn flea market! then we got some of our buddies to piss in baggies about 15 min before the tests and dump the bags of piss in the cup...!

funny i was just coming on here to post about this. the smallest guy on the field (cornerback) gets busted for gear. gee i wonder if anyone else on the team is juicing. lol

someday the public will figure out that all their heros are on the horrible steroids. and then they will start thinking, wow they must not be so bad.

Top Bottom