Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shaving the fat

thebird

I posted this in the other forum, then I noticed that there was this one for women. I hope I'm in the right place now.

--

Hi I'm Susan I'm 21 years old 5' and 105 lb. I run about 40 miles a week and list weights for 40min 3 times a week. (like 10-15 reps three sets each)

So here is my question. I still have a bit of fat on my upper arms and inner things and I want it gone. The advice I got from a trainer was keep eating a low fat diet and try a new cardio exercise that will work a different set of muscles than the ones we use to run.

The only thing I could think of was the rowing machine. (I hate it though) are there any other cardio workouts I can do to work my back and upper body? (my legs get plenty from the running)

PS. My goal is to get high definition (not just 'tone' which I have now anyway . . .) but not size. I guess I fit the girly stereotype 'I don't want to be to big' blah blah blah

oh this is what I look like:

me.jpg

[This message has been edited by thebird (edited April 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by thebird (edited April 03, 2001).]

Hi

I used to be a runner and followed a similar programme to you. I had a higher bodyfat % at 25 lbs lighter than I am now (I have acheived my gains over 2 years naturally). I competed in my first BB competition last year at my old running weight but with 10% fat compared with 21% when I was running. To acheive this I cut back on the cardio and worked heavier on the weights in a rep range of 6-10 for 4 sets. This was done with a five day split and a high protein, medium fat, low carb diet. This enabled me to build muscle and lose body fat, resulting in a much tighter and more defined body. I cut the running back to 3 times a week, for 4-5 miles including hill reps/track intervals and did 30 minutes of low intensity cardio 3-4 days a week. This allowed recovery for the weights whilst burning fat.

This is what worked for me, hope it helps you.

RB

I'll chime in with Dingo. What she says worked for me too. I used to do about 5 days of 5-10 mile running and 2-3 days of weights in the high rep ranges. Even though it kept me slim, I wasn't getting any more hard and cut like I wanted.

Everything changed when I started lifting heavy (in the 6-10 range) 4 days a week. I cut my running to 30 minutes of interval training (jogs interspersed with sprints). I do that 2x week and work maybe 1 or 2 times on a different form of cardio.

I did not get "big" like I was afraid of. Instead I got harder and tighter. My upper body got some nice mass on it and my lower body finally got some definition. (I used to be out of proportion with a skeletal upper body and smooth lower body - even w/ all that running).

The pivotal factor in all of this though was my diet. I used to think I could eat what I wanted as long as I worked extra hard in the gym. Reading Elite showed me how my eating was sabotaging all my hard work, and I slowly began to make changes.

Thankfully, that meant eating MORE food. At first I thought I was going to pop! I used to be a sugaholic, but when I started eating healthy food, I felt better, was able to work out even harder. Miraculously - it seemed to me :), my gains started coming a lot easier.

as usual I will break with the pack-
though I agree that lifting more will be helpful.

The problem is that you have fat remaining only in "traditional" estrogenic fatty deposit sites, inner thighs (though from pics looks like thighs) and triceps- yet you have some absominal definition- The pics are not all that clear but that is what it looks like, some of theat may be the lighting.

These pockets are very hard to lose with excercise and diet alone- they were caused by a drug (estrogen) and you need a drug to combat them. I have seen many women triatheletes with no chest left, ripped abs and yet still retaining fat in thighs.

Solutions:

use of anti estrogens in your regimen

or

Use of topical yohimbine

peace

------------------
MP

Female triathletes are still doing very similar training to what The Bird is doing now - lots of cardio. I would not recommend a drug here, diet and the correct exercise should help. OK she will retain her female "shape" but her general conditioning will improve without the use of drugs.

So here is what I'm doing, I'm not cutting the running I like it too much (I'm addicted to the endorphins . . .) but I'm planning to do more hills and maybe 5 less miles a week. I'm also upping the weight. Right now I can bench 70 8 times before getting worn out leg press about 170 8 times.

today I went up to 80 on the bench (4 sets of three) and 190 on the leg press (I think I've been babying my legs a little they are a lot stronger than I thought) we'll see in about two days if I can get up to 8 with this much weight.

I'd like to be able to press 105 cus that's what I weight and it just sounds cool to say "i can press my body weight with ease". Is this a realistic goal? Maybe in a month?

Susan

I like to work in body weight fractions. My goals are to squat and bench press my total weight--whicih if I lose some fat will make life easier. Right now I'm at 50% of the bench and 75% of the squat.

Of course, I weight quite a bit more than you...But I'm 48, as well.
I think your goals are certainly attainable. If you work with a spotter who can assist on a heavier weight (even to do it once is good for muscle growth) you should be able to make gains.

you were right

body2.jpg

This isn't a very good photo, ut I wanted to let you guys know How I was doing. The fatty deposits above me knees are going away at last. I moved as some of you suggested to heavy weights and I think I must be burning many more calories per a day.

I'm up to benching 110% of my weight.

I guess I need to work my abs now...

thanks for the tips any new one would be much loved...

Susan

Last edited:
Try Cutting Gel or Dermalin ... will torch those fat out in 3-4 weeks ... it's a great product ... see discussion on the Supplement section ... it works for very very stubborn fatty deposits ... mine is found in lower abs and around the chest ... I'm happy with the results after using it for more than a week ...

2 guys on separate forums said they lost 3 lbs. of surface fat.

Top Bottom