Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Questions For Thaibox And Other MMA's

Jacob Creutzfeldt

Plat Hero
Platinum
Thaibox, your answer to my previous post helps immensely. I am looking into learning the practical striking aspects. My background is folkstyle wrestling and am looking to pehaps try MMA tournaments if I can develop striking offense and defense skills. Do you find the hand strike techniques of western boxing incorporate well into thai boxing? Do you use similar bone conditioning techniques with the elbows, heels, fists, knees and forearms? Have you tried ipriflavone to enhance bone recouperation and hardness and if so what were the results?

Glad that helped. Western boxing definately compliments the more traditional striking techniques of Thai. Of course MT has excellent upper body strikes, but learning the additional combinations and strikes of western boxing is defiantely an asset. Just remember that many strikes in MT are developed to set up for follow up strikes(elbow, knee, etc). But, if you can become strong in western boxing, you'll know when to bring in the JKD aspect of a non-hesitant flowing transition between one and the other, creating a better art. And no, you don't have to keep the traditionally high guard of MT up. You're hands can be considerably lower(more appropriate for western) and still react quickly with Thai techniques. I never really had to condition my heels. I actually trained my forarms prior to studying Muay Thai with the use of Wing Chun drills that bash up your forearms pretty good if you do them for that. Be careful with your knees bro, use heavy bags, thai pads, and such, they're much more apt to damage than shins or forearms. My old inistructor use to import this illegal topical analgesic stuff from Nepal that we'd use on our shins and forearms that worked wonders. I can't remember the name of the crap because it wasn't exactly written in English. I'll find out if I can still get that stuff, or tell you where you can find it.

Top Bottom