Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prepaid wireless internet access cards... do they exist?

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
Ok, have wireless internet technology in my laptop.

But does someplace like Cingular or whatever offer a prepaid account so you can use the internet anywhere you are, whether or not you have a wifi account or whatever?

Like can I purchase 100 minutes at a time and use them up and then recharge it? Reason I ask is I rarely travel with my laptop, when I do, I like to be able to do something with it while sitting somewhere that doesn't have wireless networks for you to use.

When I had a laptop and first got it, I went looking EVERYWHERE for exactly that. I was convinced that they must exist. THEY DON'T. I couldn't believe it.

dont think thats possible unless an isp made their isp wifi'able from any spot in the entire united states..

Is there a general WIFI card I can purchase with prepaid time on it?

I don't want to pay month to month because I would just be pissing out money for something that I am only using 5-6 times a year.

verizon does.
'air cards'

AAP said:
Is there a general WIFI card I can purchase with prepaid time on it?

I don't want to pay month to month because I would just be pissing out money for something that I am only using 5-6 times a year.

i'd assume any of the companies that offer the wireless cards would offer a prepaid possibly..

Top Bottom