Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Philly Fans at their best....

• Thread starter Thread starter jenscats5
  • Start date Start date
J

jenscats5

From today's News Journal........ that's pretty bad that someone has to film themselves cursing at kids at D-World....

Pats fans can't take any more

New England supporters tell horror stories about contact with Eagles fans

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Patriots fans want Eagles fans to know that they're sick of the "Fly, Eagles, Fly" song and the "T.O." chant; they're sick of being outnumbered 20-to-1 everywhere they go; and they're totally sick and tired of being verbally abused, spit on and sneered at.

They said Eagles fans drink too much, and that they're rude and obnoxious, and that their Super Bowl experience was as if someone opened up an insane asylum, gave them all Eagles jerseys and sent them to Jacksonville for Super Bowl XXXIX.

If they never see another Eagles fan as long as they live, it will only be too soon, they said.

It was so bad that Jeff and Anne Dries from Boston left their 4-year-old daughter back at the hotel with their niece and sold the two tickets - for a nice profit, no doubt.

"I wouldn't expose a 4-year-old to this," Jeff Dries said, while a group of about 30 Eagles fans nearby chanted, "[Butt]-hole! [Butt]-hole!" to two fans in Patriots jerseys.

Besides, the Drieses and their daughter got that experience at Disney World the other day, 2 1/2 hours away. Jeff Dries said one Eagles fan, with his camcorder, filmed himself shouting obscenities at Dries and his family.

"And this is at Disney World," he said incredulously.

Steve Rowan and his son, Mike, from Brockton, Mass., recounted a similar story. They were on the golf course earlier in the week, when a worker there said a bunch of drunken Eagles fans had just finished playing a round.

"She told me, 'I can't believe the difference between Boston and Philly fans,' " Steve Rowan said. "Just think, if they're like that on the golf course, you can only imagine what it's like being here [at Alltel Stadium]."

When told about the comments from Patriots fans, Eagles fans Christian O'Connor from Ridley Township, Pa., replied: "Well, we are [obnoxious]. I guess they're right about one thing."

Then he added: "That's the way Eagles fans are. No matter how many times in a row the Eagles might come to the Super Bowl, we're still going to take over the stadium, and we're going to have the same passion and energy. We're going to be loud. That's how we are and that's how we're always going to be."

Added his friend, Jim Mellon of Cherry Hill, N.J.: "The Eagles have gone 24 years without getting to a Super Bowl. We're hungry as [heck]."

So they cheered loudly when Terrell Owens came out onto the field 3 1/2 hours before the game, with his camcorder, videotaping Eagles fans chanting "T.O.! T.O.!" over and over again. And they booed when the videoscoreboard showed Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, and when the Patriots took the field for their pregame warmup.

It was as if the game was being played at Lincoln Financial Field. It might as well have been. There was a sign inside the stadium that read: "Welcome to Phillyville."

Still, Eagles fans couldn't understand the animosity Patriots fans had toward them.

"They have a certain smugness about them," Mellon said about Patriots fans. "It's like they're looking down their noses at us. They've won 2 of the past 3 years, so it's no big deal to them. This is everything to us. All they care about is the Red Sox, anyway."

That's why Ann Dries, with her Tom Brady jersey and her face painted "Go Pats," said she was biting her tongue during the game, not wanting to get into any altercation with Eagles fans.

"They're trying to act so cocky, right to our faces," she said. "I really feel sorry for them."

Added her friend, Diane Robert of Franklin, Mass.: "We're keeping quiet. After [the Patriots] win, we'll just watch them sob."

Mike Rowan, however, had other things on his mind. Like just about every New Englander, he's a much more passionate Red Sox fan than he is a Patriots fan. Still, he said he has never seen anything like this, not even from Yankee fans.

"I'm really worried about what could happen if the Patriots win," he said. "I just want to get out of here alive."

Top Bottom