Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

patriots only, a letter from a veteran.

MP5

Banned
As some of you know my grandpa died about a week and a half ago, He was a veteran of WWII. We just got this letter in the mail and it really made me think, so for all you vets and pro-military, pro-americans, read on. I will rewrite it best as I can read it:

Since I find it impossible to attend this memorial service for my friend and Army buddy, I wanted his family to know that you have lost a truly dedicated combat veteran from WWII in the services of our country in the south pacific for about 40 months.

Tom and i with many other Cleveland boys went to Camp Shelby, Miss. in early February, 1941. We were shipped overseas in early 1942 as members of the 140th F.R.B. 37th infantry division from the state of Ohio. We would land on the Fiji Islands in early 1942 to stop the Jap advance toward New Zealand and Australia. When we went into combat it was on the islands of Guadal Canal, Russel Islands, New Georgia, Bougainville, and on the original beach head of Lazon, Phillipine Islands on Jan 9th, 1945. Tom had some harrowing experiences on New Georgia when he and part of his forward liason group were caught in a Jap campsite for 3 days and hiding under a hole under a large fallen tree until the Japs moved on.

I thought you, his family should know these things sice Tom's daughter Sally indicated to me that you did not know of his bravery under fire. We will be sending Sally some pictures and have taken steps to let Tom's friends know if his death.

Unfortunately we are a vanishing breed with great love of our country but are unable to truly show the respect we have for one of our own."

my father was in the Phillipines during WWII. Needless to say he hated Japs.

sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Last edited:
A true warrior. God has a special place for warriors in heaven, and I'm sure your Grandfather is there. God bless him; protect you and your family. May God grant you the power during this time of sorrow, the ability to enjoy and reflect upon the life and service your Grandfather gave to his loved ones and this great land. My deepest condolences.
thebigugly
GySgt USMC

Bumpin' it up for all of us who have veterans to be proud of!!!

(my Grandpa joined two days after Pearl Harbor, and ended up dropping paratroopers at Normandy...)

Reactions: MP5
Good story..
My Father in Law was one of the surviving first attack waves on D-Day.

He is 79 and whenever he wants to start to talk about those times, I listen very intently..

I cannot imagine the horror they must have endured, and still they remain sane...

MP5 said:
you really think that is me? or is it a character from a movie?

In your avatar? No, I don't think it's you. But I do have to question the use of swasticas and rebel flags in your avatars.

dickhead, this is not the purpose of this thread to slam my avatars. You have a cock for christ's sake, did I give a shit? First of all fag, the pic is Edward Norton from American History X, second, the rebel flag is not racist, and I just happen to have been born in the south. Fuck off.

Top Bottom