Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

one of the best football cities in the country is about to lose their team...

juiceddreadlocks

rebuilding, getting there
Platinum
Now that the Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt has given the team to his son, they will move within 5 years. 80k tickets a game for 14 years, and they are goin to move :bawling: :worried:

Fuck Clark Hunt.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11701583.htm

CHIEFS SUDDENLY LOOKING TO L.A.?

Though it had been widely thought that either the Saints or the Vikings would be the team to fill the market vacated by the NFL ten years ago, there's a new team in line to pull up the teepees and roll to Cali.

The Kansas City Chiefs.

Per The Kansas City Star, new Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt recently told a group of politicians that, if renovations to the Truman Sports Complex are not completed, the team could very well vamoose.

The Chiefs are locked in to a lease that expires in 2014, but they would be permitted to am-scray if Jackson County defaults on its obligation to maintain Arrowhead Stadium.

Due to a lack of funding, a default could occur by late 2006.

The locals seem to be taking this seriously, since Clark Hunt is now firmly in control of the former AFL team that his father, Lamar, founded as the Dallas Texans before moving the organization to Kansas City in 1963.

“Clark's taken over, and there's some concern that Clark isn't as committed to Kansas City as Lamar,” said Bryan Pratt, a Missouri legislator.

The younger Hunt has yet to mention Los Angeles as a possible destination, but any team thinking about greener pastures would be nuts not to park in the nation's No. 2 market.

For one thing, the NFL has made clear its intention to put a team back in L.A. And given the growing disparity between high-revenue and low-revenue teams (scroll down for more), what owner wouldn't want to be in position to sell big-dollar luxury suites to hundreds of entertainment types with money to burn?

Another hidden benefit to moving the Chiefs to L.A. is that their membership in the AFC West means that, every year, the Raiders would come back to the town where they still have plenty of fans.

don't blame 'em, who the fuck would want to live in Kansas/Missouri?
or for that matter arkansas or oaklahoma

Seriously...I don't see how bright people can continue to be avid sports fans today.

Watch a game or so on occassion? Sure.

But to root for frequently changing jerseys? Owners who don't care about the fans?

Nah.

The game is gone. The business took over.

Testosterone boy said:
Seriously...I don't see how bright people can continue to be avid sports fans today.

Watch a game or so on occassion? Sure.

But to root for frequently changing jerseys? Owners who don't care about the fans?

Nah.

The game is gone. The business took over.
I agree with you about that.

i want to hijack this thread

let's talk about flexygel and his bumbling attempts at kinda 'gina

That's the first thing an owner says.....i'm gonna move if I don't get a new stadium.

The Saints will go to LA since their fan base sucks. KC is a a staple of the AFC and KC is a huge NFL market. No way are they going to let this happen. (and with that you can lay 3-1 odds that it will only because I said it wouldn't).

lots of politics about an LA team

of course you have to wonder why one of the nations largest markets hasn't had a stable team

I read an article on the matter some time ago
from what I recall it boiled down to "those fans will view another NFL game regardless"
which blows

LA needs a team,but don't take KCs team

expansion is tough to call
QBs are short
and in baseball pitching is tight

WODIN said:
The Saints will go to LA since their fan base sucks. KC is a a staple of the AFC and KC is a huge NFL market. No way are they going to let this happen. (and with that you can lay 3-1 odds that it will only because I said it wouldn't).

will you please relay the first part to Clark Hunt. Thanks.

Top Bottom