Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic boxing needs to go!

wutangnomo

There are a lot of shitty Olympic sports, but the worst has got to be boxing. The judging in this sport is the most ridiculous I have ever witnessed. You have 3 judges who score the number of connected punches, yet they miss at least 75% of the punches landed. Of the punches they score, around 40% of them are meaningless little taps on the other guy's forearm.

What kind of Olympics is it when they only televise about 50% of the sports?? They never show weightlifting, fencing, judo, table tennis, etc.

we get hours of weightlifting
we got lots of judo
I saw fencing just the other day
table tennis will probably be on with the finals

i do agree there is too much coverage of this lame rules- amateur boxing

Here in North America they televise the same handful of sports, that being baseball, basketball, swimming/diving, and track and field. All of the "little" sports get pretty much no airtime, which is really quite pathetic. I don't watch the olympics to see baseball or basketball which I can watch any other time throughout the year. I want to watch the different sports.

Robert Jan said:
we get hours of weightlifting
we got lots of judo
I saw fencing just the other day
table tennis will probably be on with the finals

i do agree there is too much coverage of this lame rules- amateur boxing

Btw woodenshoeboy. Greek Pyros Dimas failed to win his 4th Olympic gold medal. :(

wutangnomo said:
Here in North America they televise the same handful of sports, that being baseball, basketball, swimming/diving, and track and field. All of the "little" sports get pretty much no airtime, which is really quite pathetic. I don't watch the olympics to see baseball or basketball which I can watch any other time throughout the year. I want to watch the different sports.

Buy a TV guide or pick up a sports page and get cable. The Olympics have been televised on CNBC, NBC, MSNBC and the USA network. I have seen boxing, soccer, beach volleyball, ping pong, fencing, volleyball, softball, tennis and some archery.

You're not trying hard enough.

Top Bottom