Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nike/Jordan Commercials...

Kakdiesel

Banned
I think that it is a great commercial (where the kids are all imitating highlights on MJ) and makes me miss NBA ball.

Especially looking at the age of the kids, its funny to see that MJ in his prime was mid 90's and the kids in the commercial were about 3-8 years old at the time.

my question is, do you think later (as in, our future children) will always look to Jordan as a hero/idol if they play basketball?

I mean, its not like you can ask a little leaguer who is fvorite baseball player is and they reply, " Stan Musial".

I don't think future children will idolize him. They'll see past highlights but it's not the same as hearing about the current stars and their feats.

Most kids identify with and idolize athletes they actually grow up watching. Unless MJ clips are fed down their throats, doesn't seem likely.

i honestly dont see any superstar in the league today that is consistent.

I mean do it all consistently. D up, shoot, handles, athleticsm (posterizing someone)...

nobody.

when's the last time you saw an NBA'er be the teams best score and defender?
Its sad to see that people like Bruce Bowen get press cuz he can "defend." but take Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker off that team, would they still win a championship?

Fuggin hate NBA right now. These Jordan commercials make me miss it
I mean who can compare 15 legitimate consistent players today like they had in yesteryear: (and I wont even throw in bird, magic, or jordan)
Isiah, Ewing, Barkley, Stockton, Malone, David Robinson, Pippen, Hakeem, Dan Marjele (sorry personal pic), Mullin, Drexler, Dumars, Chief Parish, Dominique, Mark Price, Reggie Miller.

i mean stars that brought it every night. you knew what you were gonna get when you flipped on the TV.

Name 10 now?

I don't watch much of it anymore. College ball is so much better.

I grew up on Bird, McHale, Parrish, Jordan, Magic.

Fucking Iverson and his 50 shots a night and the lost art of DEFENSE can kiss my ass

speaking of which, I hope IU wins the big ten tournament (although it would be cool to see Ohio State get a 2-3 seed) just so Mike Davis can be like F-U I-U

Kakdiesel said:
i honestly dont see any superstar in the league today that is consistent.

I mean do it all consistently. D up, shoot, handles, athleticsm (posterizing someone)...

nobody.

when's the last time you saw an NBA'er be the teams best score and defender?
Its sad to see that people like Bruce Bowen get press cuz he can "defend." but take Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker off that team, would they still win a championship?

Fuggin hate NBA right now. These Jordan commercials make me miss it
I mean who can compare 15 legitimate consistent players today like they had in yesteryear: (and I wont even throw in bird, magic, or jordan)
Isiah, Ewing, Barkley, Stockton, Malone, David Robinson, Pippen, Hakeem, Dan Marjele (sorry personal pic), Mullin, Drexler, Dumars, Chief Parish, Dominique, Mark Price, Reggie Miller.

i mean stars that brought it every night. you knew what you were gonna get when you flipped on the TV.

Name 10 now?

Marjele, Parish, Price and Miller? I kind of agree with what you are saying but let's stay realistic here. :)

As for today, James, Wade, Bryant, Duncan, Garnett, Arenas, Nowitzki, Stoudemire, Nash etc. I'd throw in VC and T-Mac as they should be top 5 players but they've both damaged themselves and their reputations the past few years.

bluepeter said:
Marjele, Parish, Price and Miller? I kind of agree with what you are saying but let's stay realistic here. :)

As for today, James, Wade, Bryant, Duncan, Garnett, Arenas, Nowitzki, Stoudemire, Nash etc. I'd throw in VC and T-Mac as they should be top 5 players but they've both damaged themselves and their reputations the past few years.

Marjele I noted I was kidding (just liked Thunder Dan a lot back then)
Parish always gave you 15-20, and 10, and 3 blocks. ALWAYS.

Mark Price was probably one of the most underrated pointguards/players of his generation. He always gave you 20 and 10 gimes. Try asking Stevie Franchise, Marbury, Tony Parker, or Chauncy Billups to get you 20 AND 10.

Reggie Miller? ok maybe he's a stretch. I just remember his better days in the playoffs. maybe not as consistent as one would like. So I'll give you that.

and all of those players you mentioned, I'd maybe say lebron, dwayne, and nash are the only true consistent players on their respective teams. you know what you're gonna get with them every night.

the others? sportscenter highlights while their teams might win 30-40 games a year..SANS Tim Duncan.

Kakdiesel said:
I think that it is a great commercial (where the kids are all imitating highlights on MJ) and makes me miss NBA ball.

Especially looking at the age of the kids, its funny to see that MJ in his prime was mid 90's and the kids in the commercial were about 3-8 years old at the time.

my question is, do you think later (as in, our future children) will always look to Jordan as a hero/idol if they play basketball?

I mean, its not like you can ask a little leaguer who is fvorite baseball player is and they reply, " Stan Musial".

nice sig. put the image tags around it, dork.
:)

Top Bottom