Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

nice tyson videos

Guvna said:
firstly, great vids.

Secondly, Tyson was an asshole and Im glad he is broke now.

Thirdly, Fedor would beat his ass.

Fourthly, they would both beat my ass.

Fifthly, I am drunk.
Most excellent points, each one.

I feel sorry for him because I think he was really great at what he did as a boxer. When I see a bull that is bred to fight, I want to see a mean bull. I don't want to see a prizefighter at the top of their game any less mean. Tyson's life, his background, his youth and overwhelming success - the nature of the job, how good he was at it.

Is everyboody who's chiming in on Tyson in this thread old enough to remember watching Tyson in his day??

___Wiki__________________________________________
Rise to stardom

Mike Tyson on the cover of Time Magazine in 1988.Mike Tyson made his professional debut on March 6, 1985, in Albany, New York, a match which he won by a first round knockout. He fought frequently in his first two years as a professional, staying undefeated and winning all of his fights by knockout, usually in the first round. His quality of opposition gradually increased to journeyman fighters and borderline contenders, and his win streak attracted much media attention, leading to his being billed as the next great heavyweight champion[citation needed].

Tyson's first nationally televised bout took place on February 16, 1986 at the RPI Fieldhouse in Troy, NY against journeyman heavyweight Jesse Ferguson. Tyson knocked down Ferguson with an uppercut in the fifth round that reportedly broke Ferguson's nose[citation needed]. During the sixth round, Ferguson began to hold and clinch Tyson in an apparent attempt to prolong the fight. After admonishing Ferguson several times to obey his commands to break the clinches and box, the referee eventually stopped the fight near the middle of the sixth round and Tyson was declared the winner by TKO.

On November 22, 1986, Tyson was given his first title shot, fighting Trevor Berbick for the WBC heavyweight title. Tyson won the title by second round knockout, and at the age of 20 years and 4 months became the youngest heavyweight champion ever.

Tyson aged 20 was around 222lbs (101kg), having approximently 5.5 percent body fat, and stocky for his height 5'11" (1.75 m). He had an outstanding physique, even though he allegedly never used weights. Feared for his brute strength, many fighters were too scared to hit him and this was backed up by his incredible hand-speed, accuracy, co-ordination, very powerful hits and timing and was a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps what was most underlooked was Tyson's defensive abilities. Holding his hands high in the peek-a-boo style taught by his mentor Cus D'Amato, he would slip and weave out of the way of the opponent's punches while closing the distance to deliver his own devastating attacks.

Expectations for the young champion were extremely high, and he embarked on an ambitious campaign to fight all the top heavyweights in the world. In 1987, Tyson defended his title against James 'Bonecrusher' Smith on March 7 in Las Vegas, Nevada. He won by unanimous decision and added Smith's WBA title to his existing belt. 'Tyson mania' in the media was becoming rampant. He beat Pinklon Thomas in May with a knockout in the sixth round. On August 13 he took the IBF title from Tony Tucker, winning by unanimous decision to become "undisputed heavyweight champion of the world". His only other fight in 1987 was in October against the 1984 Olympic champion Tyrell Biggs, a great performance from Tyson which ended with a victory by knockout in the seventh round.

Tyson had three fights in 1988. He faced an aged but still game Larry Holmes on January 22, and defeated the legendary former champion by fourth round knockout. He fought contender Tony Tubbs in Tokyo in March, fitting in an easy two round victory amid promotional and marketing work.

On June 27, 1988, Tyson met lineal heavyweight champion Michael Spinks. Spinks, who had taken the heavyweight championship away from Larry Holmes via fifteen round decision in 1985, had never lost his title in the ring. The IBF title which he had won from Holmes had been stripped from him, but many (including Ring magazine) considered him to have a legitimate claim to being the true heavyweight champion. Tyson cleared up all confusion by brutally knocking him out at 1:31 of the first round. This fight is often regarded as the climax of Tyson's career.

So at age 20 he was 5'11 222lbs with 5.5% bf without ever lifting.... amazing. He coulda definitely been a top notch BB if that had been the sport he'd picked and had been trained for. Of course the money he could make in boxing would make picking BB over it possibly the dumbest thing he'd ever done (and that's saying alot when talking about Tyson).

And for all the comments about how crazy and mean he was, I find it interesting to look at how nice and calm he was early in his career when he was on the road to greatness. I was watching the sportscentury thing on him the other day on ESPN classic and they pointed out that early in his career Tyson was a beloved public figure. I think we forget about that sometimes. Watch in his early fights when he's coming up through the rankings how much respect he gives all of his opponents. He would rush over to help them up after they were counted out. If one of them didn't get up for a moment after the fight was over, he would avoid his own trainers and media people while standing over the fallen fighter and doctors making sure they were ok. He was confident, yet humble in all of his interviews.

If Mike woulda stayed on the path that woulda led him to greatness, then that would've also involved him staying a "good guy". Anger and meanness were never part of his natural demeanor. That all came after he lost all of the people in his life who were keeping him straight and got involved with men like Don King and others who knew their profits would come by turning him into an animal and trying to create the illusion that he was some kind of caged beast who was let out once every couple months to destroy a man on PPV before being lead back to his cage where he would be fed raw steaks and spar with tigers until his next showing. Pretty ridiculous. He talks some about all the crazy shit Don King used to tell him on his beyond the glory interview. Pretty much had him believing that the world was against him, that it hated him and that he had to hate it back even more if he was ever gonna make it.

JumpBallWinner said:
So at age 20 he was 5'11 222lbs with 5.5% bf without ever lifting.... amazing. He coulda definitely been a top notch BB if that had been the sport he'd picked and had been trained for.
He was put together morel ike a bull than a bb.

KD1 said:
You were the one that claimed anyone with a brain could beat Tyson, not I. It was your claim and I was clearly dissagreeing with you.

Ive noticed when people lose an arguement, they try to make up a new one to win. Like in your case putting words into my mouth, or challenging me to back up your claim! Crazy stuff! Just admit that you were wrong already! LOL!

I'm wrong. I claimed I could kick Mike Tyson's ass. You can quote that in my original post about Antonio Inoki fighting Muhammad Ali. Now I understand that I cannot. I tried to divert the argument away from the original by launching personal attacks on you and distorting what was said.

Tyson is the greatest ever, youngest champ ever and 90% of his knock outs were in the first 2 rounds, also he's the bomb cuz him and 2pac were boyz

On a side note, has anyone seen Edwin Valero fight? He's 20-0, 20 by KO. I think all of his KO's came in the 1st or 2nd round until the last one which came in the 8th.

instant.muscle said:
all 20 wins r from knockout? damn

Yeah. He can't fight in the US though, because doctors here will not medically clear him.

medical said:
No he was not. Not even in the top 10. The first time he fought someone he couldn't knock out with one punch he lost.....and lost every time. Any decent fighter could kill Tyson: there just weren't any decent fighters when he was in his 20's.
lmao r yall listening 2 this guy? i'm a decent fighter and tyson would rock my socks, so yeah anyguy he couldnt knock out with one punch he lost, hmmmm lets c thats just about anyone, but yeah thats just tyson's gift, the hardest hitter ever, shitty boxer though, not close to the top 10, jeez my top 3 is

tyson
ali
rocky marciano

Top Bottom