Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NFL Draft, would you take

Sebby

Would you take Maurice Clarett if you were a GM late in the first round?

Biggest media excess at the combine: All the headlines blasting erstwhile Ohio State tailback Maurice Clarett for not participating in on-field drills. The sainted Eli Manning and the beatific Larry Fitzgerald didn't take part in any of the drills, either, but they did not merit any criticism. No one is defending Clarett, who came across poorly during his media session, and seemed anything but contrite. But to criticize him for not working out, when the usual one-third of the invitees begged off as well, was hardly fair. What's that, you say, Clarett needed to work out because he missed the entire 2003 season? Heck, that is precisely why he was better off doing nothing. Clarett is a doughboy right now and he knows it. He desperately needs the upcoming month he'll spend with New Orleans-based trainer Tom Shaw just to get into a modicum of shape. If he runs well in an April audition for scouts, the league will quickly forgive him, and he'll be chosen in about the second round. If he falls on his face, Clarett will get what he deserves for not staying in shape, a spot in the fourth or fifth round.

If I need a QB I take Manning, otherwise I take Fitzgerald or Mike Williams. Everybody wants a big ass WR.

depends what you need of course. running back, i would go with kevin jones; wideout, i like roy williams from texas, though mike williams and fitzgerald will go before him. the wr out of washington is good too, also named williams. qb and o line are always key, depth being a second consideration

hmmmm what will my lowly raiders do with the #2 pick......they need too much to even guess, but if i had to guess(quarterback). i just cant see tuiasosopo panning out to well

Clarett got blasted for showing up out of condition. If he had showed up in shape and skipped the workout nobody would have been that upset, but his condition, or lack of it, moved him down to a mid third round pick. If he can get into shape and blow the scouts away at his private workout he might move back to the second round, but not higher.

After Maurice Clarett punked out on his combine workout, I pass him up... maybe if he goes undrafted I'd consider picking him, he hasn't proven a thing though..

Top Bottom