Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Natural Testosterone question

huejass3

Hey guys, I heard that sprinting for short periods puts your body in an anabolic mode/increases natural test production: like sprinting 50 yards, stopping, then repeat once your feel ready, but what iv been doing is running for 20 mins, then sprinting 3 times in the midst of the run...would anyone know if thats as effective in putting body in anabolic mode/increasing natural testosterone?​

Hey guys, I heard that sprinting for short periods puts your body in an anabolic mode/increases natural test production: like sprinting 50 yards, stopping, then repeat once your feel ready, but what iv been doing is running for 20 mins, then sprinting 3 times in the midst of the run...would anyone know if thats as effective in putting body in anabolic mode/increasing natural testosterone?​

I've heard this too! Thing is that most sprinters are quite muscular.

so would it be good if you did the sprints before workout to put you into an anabolic high testosterone state which would increase strength/endurance/muscle growth etc?

i guess my question is, is it better (in terms of putting your body in anabolic mode) to do sprints, rather than just running for 20 mins then sprinting a few times. Anyone know??

age-20
height 5'6

weight-170lbs
bench-225(15)
squat-315(12)
deadlift-355(6)

I don't really think theres any proven stuff behind this sprinting thing yet and if there is its probably not worth doing it, or else it would be a staple in everyone routine by now.

Well sprinting is an extremely strenous activity for the body, so I would think it would put you into a more anabolic mode. You body is thinking "Sh#t I'm getting chased by something I better get faster and stronger and repair quickly." Also it is a staple in many lifters routines, so it must do something.

hmm makes sense, so i take it that planning a half hour/hour of sprinting (short of overtraining) would be much more strenuous on the body therefore would be better anabolically as opposed to running 20 mins then sprinting only a few times. i have a follow up question that was asked by ExtraMile, since sprinting supposedly gets your body in anabolic mode would it be okay to rest a little, eat, then lift weights after sprinting in the same day? (im currently not on a roid cycle so not sure if this would be overtraining)

age-20
height 5'6

weight-170lbs
bench-225(15)
squat-315(12)
deadlift-355(6)

I think so as you can usually split your cardio and weight workout up during the day. However I think if you are truly balls to the wall sprinting you sure as hell won't be able to sprint for a half hour to hour. I usually sprint short distances super hard, then rest for a few seconds, the ngo again for maybe then minutes, and that is more than enough for me.

you want to increase natural test levels- squat & deadlift! sprints have some effect but not as much as heavy compound lifting.

Top Bottom