Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mumumuMOrning cacacaCArdio.... eek!!!

sweets

:eek: ohhh nooo. i'm almost scared to think about the aftermath. well... i just wanted to know if i'm the only one that this happens to.

whenever i workout in the a.m. on an empty stomach, i end up getting so unbelieveably nauseous (sp?) ... and sleepy, very sleepy... WHY IS THAT????

sometimes i end up having to leave the gym sooner than expected and come back later. that royally sucks.

am i overdoing it???? this happens mostly when i lift 1 hr and then do cardio another hr. (it does seem a little much on an empty stomach :rolleyes: ) whaddaya think???? and thanks, girlies. (silly ?, huh)

I don't lift on an empty stomach, personally. I find the quality of my workout bites. I have a little carbo something, and then go work out. On upper day, I do my full 1 hr. cardio (I figure the glucose is depleted, or at least I'm burning cals.) On lower body day, I do as much cardio as my poor wobbling legs can handle, but it seldomly works out to an hour.

i know those wobbles. they can be very dangerous. i'm thinking about sticking with the a.m. cardio on empty but maybe drinking a little something right after to replenish and THEN starting on my weights. maybe that'll help??? i don't know. and is it terrible that i'd be going backwards, doing my cardio first. :confused: ... it's just that the gym is SOOOO EMPTY in the a.m. ahhhh. it's wonderful.

I'm weird because I prefer morning workouts. I lift first (45min - 1hr), then I do cardio for 25-30 min (but I've been experimenting with the longer sessions after reading what WarLobo said. Boy, after the 35 min mark, the sweat starts pouring out!)

If I eat beforehand, I really feel gross. I guess it's just what you get used to. Sometimes if I do feel hungry, I'll have a few swallows of my husband's MRP shake that I make for him to drink while he drives in to work. (I'm such a good little wife to "cook" him a nutritious breakfast :D )

I think guys like to lift in the afternoon due to increased test. levels. But I've never noticed any difference. ALso, Afternooons are devoted to homework, carpools, kids' lessons, etc. I get a full body work out sitting in the driver's seat!

I can lift in the morning if I have a protein shake and a bit of fat like pb or flax.

Cardio on an empty stomach is okay but I'm hungry and queasy by the time I'm done with my shower!!

Is there any way you can split up your routine so you have cardio only days and lifting only days?? That way you can eat before you lift (and yes you should be eating immedietly after lifting too) and do the cardio on an empty stomach.

If you absolutely cannot split your days I would definately look into eating after your cardio...maybe a good MRP shake or something like that to give you energy for lifting but is easy for the body to assimilate so you don't get sick while lifting.

Some of us hate getting up at 5 am to get to the Gym at :30. But, you must do it when you can.

I too get that green feeling if I do to much early in the morning on an empty stomach. Especially when I'm drinking lots of water.
I have to have something in my stomach that early. Not a lot, just a glass of skim and a scoop of whey. Less than 200 cal.

I have been to the Gym in the late afternoon and personally It's too wild for me.
A bunch of juice heads leaving weights thrown around all over the place. The morning crowd is much more subdued. :sleeping:

It's very comforting to see the same dozen or so cronics
at the gym every morning.

yay :p thanks for all the responses. so let me explain my logic... or lack thereof (but that's only seldomly, very seldomly). :D anyways, my goals: i neeeeeed to burn fat quickly. in order to accomplish this, i assume i need to do cardio on an empty stomach... or atleast this would be most effective. so i'd like to to cardio mon-fri mornings. BUT this would mean i'd have to get back to the gym in the evenings to lift. no way. this is insane. so i've thought it over...

like skydancer suggested, i'm going to split. ;) (... my workout) ONE QUESTION: would lifting in the a.m., after a protein shake with flax, be an effective way to burn fat (in comparison to 60 min of cardio on empty) ???? if so, which i really hope someone tells me yes, i can do cardio 3 mornings/week on empty and then the other 3 mornings, i can lift after a lite breakfast... but i'd still try to do atleast 20-30 min of cardio after lifting, eliminating any and all night-time gym missions altogether. ahhh. sounds nice. well, everything but the crawling out of bed part. am i making a little more sense now??? hey, thanks again. you guys are great.

Top Bottom