Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Most Underrated & Overrated Players in the NFL

• Thread starter Thread starter T-Matt
  • Start date Start date
T

T-Matt

I jokingly stated that Urlacher was the most overrated player in the league however I was doing just that.. joking.. I do think he's overrated though..

The most underrated player in the league to me is Nate Clements for the Buffalo Bills.. Granted, he doesn't have Champ Bailey like athleticism or Chris McAlister like size but he is as close to a shut down corner as there is in the NFL.. Coming in a very close second is Baltimore's TE Todd Heap.. man, he can do everything.. just watch him on Sundays in the trenches, he's a mauler!!

The most overrated player in the league (while it's tempting to say Michael Vick) is Jevon Kearse.. After his rookie season, he hasn't done SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT.. It's a shame someone with all that athleticism (The Freak) hasn't produced more. Perhaps he should have been an OLB in a 4-3 defense.. what a shame..

For sake of argument I would also love to see Larry Johnson with an average offensive line.. He would be overrated as well.. or perhaps the diaper comment by Vermeil set him off..

Please discuss.. :)

T-Matt

You are my dream football analyst.

Again....
Agree
agree
agree
agree
agree
agree

And about LJ, I thought I was the only person in the world that thought that. I think he is by far the most overrated player in the NFL.

Not so much because he sucks, he is a slightly above average NFL back. But because the media says he is second behind LT, and some even put him first. That is as great of an injustice as comparing Brooks Bolinger to Dan Marino(never been done but it was the first comparison that came to mind)

He has ABSOLUTELY NO BALANCE. My 3 year old cousin could tackle him by hitting the side of his legs. He has greatly overrated vision. He hits the wholes that the play is designed to go through ALL THE TIME. It isn't hard to find a whole when your only job is to go
to that whole. He has pretty good power and decent hands.

If I had to rate him
Speed: 88
Acceleration: 85
Agility: 80
Power: 90
Vision: 85
Balance: -33, seriously tho: 70

And for comparisons sake, his succesee
Preist Holmes
Speed: 80
Acceleration: 80
Power: 80
Vision: 92
Balance: 99(scale doesn't go any higher)

NJL52 said:
You are my dream football analyst.

Again....
Agree
agree
agree
agree
agree
agree

And about LJ, I thought I was the only person in the world that thought that. I think he is by far the most overrated player in the NFL.

Not so much because he sucks, he is a slightly above average NFL back. But because the media says he is second behind LT, and some even put him first. That is as great of an injustice as comparing Brooks Bolinger to Dan Marino(never been done but it was the first comparison that came to mind)

He has ABSOLUTELY NO BALANCE. My 3 year old cousin could tackle him by hitting the side of his legs. He has greatly overrated vision. He hits the wholes that the play is designed to go through ALL THE TIME. It isn't hard to find a whole when your only job is to go
to that whole. He has pretty good power and decent hands.

If I had to rate him
Speed: 88
Acceleration: 85
Power: 90
Vision: 85
Balance: -33, seriously tho: 70

And for comparisons sake, his succesee
Preist Holmes
Speed: 80
Acceleration: 80
Power: 80
Vision: 92
Balance: 99(scale doesn't go any higher)

EXACTLY!!!

Just stop man!!!

Seriously.. I'm worried man..

T-Matt

wakefib said:
i read somewhere that jamal lewis as the most over rated player.

I'm realy torn on him. I haven't watched him play alot, but when I have, he seemed amazing. He has unbelieveable power, best in the league by a long shot, and amazing speed for that size of a man. But when he isn't running 3 people over and breaking 70 yard runs, he runs into the heart of piles and goes down without trying.

Not sure if this is right, but he might be one of those no heart players. And he might have awful vision. But he has all the talent in the world.

NJL52 said:
I'm realy torn on him. I haven't watched him play alot, but when I have, he seemed amazing. He has unbelieveable power, best in the league by a long shot, and amazing speed for that size of a man. But when he isn't running 3 people over and breaking 70 yard runs, he runs into the heart of piles and goes down without trying.

Not sure if this is right, but he might be one of those no heart players. And he might have awful vision. But he has all the talent in the world.

LOL.. this is EXACTLY how I described Jamal Lewis to one of my boys.. remember that game he had against Cleveland? Where he said that he was going to break the rushing record before the game? yeah, before all his injuries he was one of the best.. Now he's just a big bitch with a little speed.. He's a faster version of jerome bettis.. If bettis had his speed he would be the leading rushing in NFL history, bettis had some heart man..

All this talk about big RBs reminds me of Ron Dayne.. what a friggin shame..

I'm curious to see where Tiki's depature leaves Brandon Jacobs next year in Fantasy Football terms.. I might draft him in the top 3 rounds.. :) He's a tough SOB..

I am disappointed in TJ Duckett too, he's letting Ladell Betts beat him out as the #2 in Washington.. Betts should have waited out his contract and hit free agency, he could have gotten 30million...

Man, you need to PM me your AIM or Yahoo messenger s/n, I'd love to chat it up with you.. lol

Top Bottom