Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Michael Schumacher and Tiger Woods

fistfullofsteel

According to CNN Headlines News both these guys made about $90 million last year and were the two top paid athletes in the world. You think this is actually true? A golfer and a race car driver making that much in one year? If they keep it up, in about 11 years they will be billionaires.

http://www.mschumacher.com/welcome.html

German ace Michael Schumacher is recognised as being at present the world's best racing driver. Many people say he is the best ever, but he himself denies any comparison to Fangio of the 50s - the only other driver to achieve five F1 championships. In 1995 Michael became the youngest double Formula 1 World Champion (1994 and 1995 seasons) ever. Michael is also the 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and current (year 2004) World Champion. This phenomenal record speaks for itself. Last year (2003) he beat Juan Manuel Fangio's five championships, by taking his sixth!

The 2004 season isn't even over yet and Michael has already taken the championship (his 7th!). He finished 2nd at Spa in Belgium, in Ferrari's 700th race to accumulate enough points to seal the deal.

Michael is also the highest paid racing driver in the world, earning a reputed $30 million US. His younger brother Ralf became the third highest paid driver in Formula 1 in 1999, when his pay after the 2000 season was raised to $15.5 million US.

great driver, and also a great car. After the hard graft ferrari put in coming so close with an inferior car I'm happy for them, its not like they dont deserve it :)

I heard $75M on Tiger, most of it is Nike money. Schumacher I know less about, but F1 is owned by one guy (Egglestone sp?) so he controls everything, including who gets the money.

FYI Shaq cleared about $40M last year. Loser.

I believe it; especially Schumacher. F1 is the most popular sport in the WORLD. And as the best driver he gets paid accordingly by Ferrari and endorsements.

MattTheSkywalker said:
I heard $75M on Tiger, most of it is Nike money. Schumacher I know less about, but F1 is owned by one guy (Egglestone sp?) so he controls everything, including who gets the money.

FYI Shaq cleared about $40M last year. Loser.

he runs the events but all the teams have complete autonomy outside of its regulations. consequently the top team (ferrari) have a 320mill budget per annum, the bottom team (minardi) have 2mill

Top Bottom