Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mets smoking some dope?

cure

NEW YORK -- A newspaper reported Friday that at least seven New York Mets smoked marijuana this season, and manager Bobby Valentine acknowledged being worried about drug use on his team as far back as spring training.

"I've seen signals, but nothing definitive,'' Valentine told Newsday.

General manager Steve Phillips denied there was a "rampant'' drug problem on the team.

Former Mets reliever Mark Corey, traded to the Colorado Rockies in July, told Newsday he smoked marijuana just before having a seizure in a parking lot outside a hotel near Shea Stadium in June.

Several newspapers reported that Mets teammate Tony Tarasco, who drove Corey to the hotel and was with the pitcher when he was stricken, had used marijuana with Corey.

Tarasco and Corey are two of the at least seven players Newsday refers to in its story. The newspaper cited sources close to the team alleging the drug use.

"After the one incident we had, I addressed the team about this stuff specifically, about how foolish it was, how it was illegal and how embarrassing it could be for it to continue,'' Valentine told Newsday.

A top team official told Newsday that Valentine confronted rookie reliever Grant Roberts about his suspected usage.

The Mets told The Associated Press they would not comment on the story but would issue a statement later Friday.

New York (73-79), already eliminated from postseason consideration, is ending a disappointing season that began with talk of contending for the playoffs.

Major league players are not subjected to testing for marijuana. For the first time, players agreed to mandatory testing for steroids last month as part of the new labor agreement. The testing will start next year.

"It's hard enough to play this game if your brain is normal,'' Mets first baseman Mo Vaughn said. "I don't know if it's a problem on this team. I hope to God it's not.

"If there's something going on, we need to correct it.''

All-Star catcher Mike Piazza said the reported drug use would be "kind of disturbing'' if it's true.

"I'm not against having fun,'' he said. "For me, it's having a few beers, if you're of age. You have to blow off steam somehow. But you'd think guys at this level would be completely focused on their careers.''

----------------------------------------

The way Vaughn and Alomar are playing I believe they should roll up a couple to themselves. Vaughn tries to hide it but as you can tell he must have some crazy munchies.

Meet the Mets.

Meet the Mets.

Roll up a doob and greet the Mets.

Bring a bong.

Bring your pipe.

Guaranteed to have the time of your life.

Because the Mets really like to smoke some hash ball.

and knock home runs.

Over the wall.

East side.

West side.

Bring your dime bag

And meet the M-E-T-S Mets.

Of New York town.

Top Bottom