Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Madbomber, FFOS- Eagles/Giants

mylife

Shockey says Eagles' secondary is 'lucky'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

It wasn't the Howard Stern Show, but Giants rookie Jeremy Shockey was again making radio waves Friday.

According to a report in Newsday, the tight end implied during his weekly appearance on WFAN-New York radio that the Philadelphia Eagles' secondary is overrated and the unit has benefited from pressure generated from the front seven.

"I believe they get lucky a lot," he said. Later, he added, "They get beat a lot deep."

The Eagles have given up just two passing plays that have exceeded 32 yards this season, and in their four victories, they have allowed no passes over 30 yards. Shockey's longest reception is 28 yards.

The Eagles (4-2) lead the NFC East race as the second-place Giants (3-3) travel to Philly for a prime-time Monday Night Football matchup (ABC, 9 p.m. ET).

Earlier this season, Shockey apologized for comments he made about gays during a Sept. 10 interview on Howard Stern's radio show.

During the interview, Stern asked Shockey if he thought there were any gay players in the NFL.

"I don't know,'' Shockey said on the show. "I don't like to think about that. I hope not.''

Shockey also was asked if he had any gay teammates when he played at the University of Miami.

"No. I mean, if I knew there was a gay guy on my college football team, I probably wouldn't, you know, stand for it. You know, I think, you know, they're going to be in the shower with us and stuff, so I don't think that's gonna work."

Turf toe has sidelined Shockey for most of the Giants' last two games, and might keep him out of Monday's game.

The Giants' first-round draft pick didn't practice Friday, and he said his playing status in the NFC East showdown will be a game-time decision by coach Jim Fassel.

Them fighting words!! Shockey is really gonna have alot of difficulty playing in this league if he continues to run his mouth like he is.

the Eagles as a whole have so much fucking class... they didnt even respond with more than "he can say what he wants"...

uh, jeremy... that number 20 guy back there hits pretty fucking hard... duck bitch!!!

FFOS is a pussy.. he is playing this quiet so i wont hand him his ass for the 3rd time in the last year.... and this way, IF the gnats win (hell isnt cold though) then he can blow up like a fucking puffer fish with a shitty east coast accent.

i'm amazingly calm myself right now.. monday... oh boy, i'll have the shakes.

Top Bottom