Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Imams Kicked Off of Flight For Suspicious Behavior Sue Airline, The Airport, and The Passengers Who Reported Them

Re: Imams Kicked Off of Flight For Suspicious Behavior Sue Airline, The Airport, and

RottenWillow said:
They are alledging they were discriminated against because they are members of a protected class. That would constitute a violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Dispersing upon entering the plane, not returning to their assigned seats and requesting seat belt extenders isn't suspicious?

Re: Imams Kicked Off of Flight For Suspicious Behavior Sue Airline, The Airport, and

SpyWizard said:
no they were kicked off a plan because their actions were making people afraid.

Here's where the oft used reasonable person legal metaphor is applicable. Illegal discrimination notwithstanding, would a reasonble person have been afraid given the reported behaviors of the holy men? My personal feeling is probably so. However I think due diligence did not require these men be removed permenently from the flight. I think a brief removal from the plane, a quick (voluntary) search of their persons, then return to their seats would have been adequate.

redguru said:
Dispersing upon entering the plane, not returning to their assigned seats and requesting seat belt extenders isn't suspicious?

I didnt speak to that issue. However, If I understand your statement correctly you're saying they did not have contiguous seats. No I dont agree that it is reasonable to find that suspicious. Regarding the other issue, their explanation for that request would define whether or not it was suspicous. What did they say?

RottenWillow said:
Here's where the oft used reasonable person legal metaphor is applicable. Illegal discrimination notwithstanding, would a reasonble person have been afraid given the reported behaviors of the holy men? My personal feeling is probably so. However I think due diligence did not require these men be removed permenently from the flight. I think a brief removal from the plane, a quick (voluntary) search of their persons, then return to their seats would have been adequate.

"reasonable" is used to determine if the person not only said something, but did they have the proximity to act on what was said..

If i called you on the phone and said i was going to kill you... you have been assaulted.. and i was in NYC and you were in LA

If you were tied on your knees, and i was standing behind you and said i am going to kill you.. you were assaulted as well, however a reasonable person would believe that the second case was more likely to happen.

and in the case where a person is removed and searched, that is not in the current accepted procedures regarding passengers and commercial flights.

If a person becomes distressed and fearful while on a flight before it pushes off from a gate, there is one set of rules that apply...

once the plane pushes off from the gate, the pilot is responsible for the safety of all those on board, and a different set of rules and laws apply...

SpyWizard said:
"reasonable" is used to determine if the person not only said something, but did they have the proximity to act on what was said..

If i called you on the phone and said i was going to kill you... you have been assaulted..

I'm not sure if your post was intentionally a bit tangential or if you're making a point I'm missing. My position is that it was in fact reasonable for the other passengers to feel threatened. I do not agree however that the length to which they were inconvenienced was appropriate.

p0ink said:
you're an idiot.

these people were praying loudly and openly before the flight. then they all boarded the flight, and spread themselves out from the front of the plane to the back. they then asked for seat belt extenders, even though they were far too thin to need them. and to top it all off, they started talking about osama bin laden and saddam hussein.

gee, i wonder if that constitutes suspicious behavior.

and why would an imam feel the need to discuss saddam? he was not a holy man. in fact, he did his best to suppress muslim extremist rule, and he ran his country from a secular standpoint.

again, you are a fucking idiot who values political correctness more than common sense and safety.

I agree with you 100% on this one.

p0ink said:
and why would an imam feel the need to discuss saddam? .

How dare they! There should be a list of topics handed to them as they enter the plane, for them to discuss, as to not be out of line. What are we fighting for anyway? Freedom, right?

If they were white or black or asian etc... would they be allowed to discuss Saddam?

Whether or not they were arrested wrongfully, I don't know. They certainly were acting "strangely". But they should be able to discuss whatever they wanted regardless of their origin.

We can do whatever we want to "them" but let's not lie to our citizens and call our country ""free" one. You can't have both. It's OK, we have to protect ourselves, I understand, but let's not brag of our freedoms and how "others" aren't "free".

We really have to choose, instead of faking it. Wire taps, fine, illegal searches, fine, throw them off the plane, fine, we're paranoid, I understand, but we're not "free". It's cool, oh..... wait.... The word "Freedom" has changed it's definition.. Oh, OK, so we ARE still free. I just didn't know it's changed. I missed that TV Broadcast informing us of the changes.. All 100 of them.

anthrax said:
Independently of their being Muslims it is a fucking plane, not a mosque, church or whatever
Other passengers don't have to listen to their loud prayers and opinions about Bin Laden and Saddam

since when ia it forbidden to pray? If they were any kind of christians and were praying, it wouldnt have been an issue what so ever.

And who cares about their opinions about Osama or Bin Laden? I missed the memo where its says what we can or can not talk about

foreigngirl said:
since when ia it forbidden to pray? If they were any kind of christians and were praying, it wouldnt have been an issue what so ever.

And who cares about their opinions about Osama or Bin Laden? I missed the memo where its says what we can or can not talk about

Everyone is talking about first Amendment rights when the First Amendment only prohibits the government from making laws about freedom of speech. The Airlines are a private industry and reserve the right to carry whoever they wish.

redguru said:
Everyone is talking about first Amendment rights when the First Amendment only prohibits the government from making laws about freedom of speech. The Airlines are a private industry and reserve the right to carry whoever they wish.

why did they sell them the tickets then? And where is the booklet where it says that nobody can talk about politics, especially if you talk about arabs?

Top Bottom