Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If being a bookie is illegal, then why have I known so many and they never went to ja

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
il. They didn't even try to be very secretive about it either. This guy told me that as long as he gave the govt. their share, they left him alone?

I have some swampland in Fla I would love to sell you maing.

I know and know of plenty of bookies that have been pinched. I also know plenty that have not. Just the same as every other crime.

Most of them take bets from local law enforcement
Citizens don't care if they do business or not
In Chicago as long as the book is paying his dues to local officials they look the other way.

Ulter said:
Most of them take bets from local law enforcement
Citizens don't care if they do business or not
In Chicago as long as the book is paying his dues to local officials they look the other way.

Hmmmm. Kind of like all the Nude Art Studios in the big cities? Everyone knows they are brothels, yet they are rarely shut down? Maybe every once in awhile to satisfy the religious right and the insecure, jealous women.

Booking is a lucrative business. Maybe I need to look into it.

biteme said:
Booking is a lucrative business. Maybe I need to look into it.

It ain't as easy as it looks. Plus you have to be willing to do some things the average man (nevermind Christian) would never do.

KillahBee said:
I have some swampland in Fla I would love to sell you maing.

I know and know of plenty of bookies that have been pinched. I also know plenty that have not. Just the same as every other crime.

What happened to the ones that were pinched? Didn't pay off the high ranking official? What kind of sentence did they receive. The govt is terribly corrupt you know.

KillahBee said:
It ain't as easy as it looks. Plus you have to be willing to do some things the average man (nevermind Christian) would never do.

Such as??

biteme said:
Such as??

Enforce the rules. If you are established enough and backed up then you shouldn't need to do this often. But it needs to be done from time to time. A kid in college used to run numbers all the time. He claimed he was backed by some guy in Philly. After about a year it came out that he was acting alone and couldn't pay some peeps. Bad news for him. And if someone owed him, why the fuck should they pay?

It's an art. And you have to have someone in other cities to lay off your bets with. Unless you find someone in your city to work with. That's not likely though because it's highly competitive and usually mob controlled.
If you are taking bets in a city, let's say Chicago, and the Bears are playing Lions, you will have a different spread in Chicago than Detroit. Being in Chicago you will have more people betting Chicago than Detroit and vice versa. You don't want to take more bets on one team than the other. You want to have an equal amount of bets on both teams. That's you goal because you don't care who wins. YOU COLLECT FROM THE LOSERS. The 10% vig is what you live on. It's only when you think you can place bets yourself on one team or the other trying to make more using other people's money that you get into trouble. Making 10% a week on your money is just a little bit better than the market would give you. :)

KillahBee said:
Enforce the rules. If you are established enough and backed up then you shouldn't need to do this often. But it needs to be done from time to time. A kid in college used to run numbers all the time. He claimed he was backed by some guy in Philly. After about a year it came out that he was acting alone and couldn't pay some peeps. Bad news for him. And if someone owed him, why the fuck should they pay?

I need to get a book and read all about it. This guy I know through a friend just takes bets on Sundays (football games). He makes a killing.

Top Bottom