Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

I Want To Get Bigger - Naturally!

Super Girl 22

New member
i'm currently training 4x a week for about an hour to 2 hours a day (mon-thurs with fri, sat & sun off). i weigh about 117lbs (5'4) and i really dont have much body fat (dont know the % yet). I want to get bigger but i dont want to take steriods. i was taking creatine a while ago but i found it makes me look too bloated. my friend suggested taking creatine with glycerol because it will make me bigger and cut ( i dont know how true this is). does anyone have any advice or know what type of supplements i can take to make me look bigger and ripped??? any help is appreciated.
 
Your not gonna get anywhere AT ALL working out 2 hours a day... I would keep your workouts under an hour and focus more on intensity. The only way to gain muscular weight is to take in more calories then your burning off. :D
 
Super Girl 22 said:
i'm currently training 4x a week for about an hour to 2 hours a day (mon-thurs with fri, sat & sun off). i weigh about 117lbs (5'4) and i really dont have much body fat (dont know the % yet). I want to get bigger but i dont want to take steriods. i was taking creatine a while ago but i found it makes me look too bloated. my friend suggested taking creatine with glycerol because it will make me bigger and cut ( i dont know how true this is). does anyone have any advice or know what type of supplements i can take to make me look bigger and ripped??? any help is appreciated.


Workout 2 time per week and do BASIC COMPOUND HEAVY MOVEMENT!

Do SQUATS, DEADLIFTS. BENCHES, ands ROWS!

make sure you prgress EVERY WEEK!


ok? That should make you grow!
 
MonStar1023 said:
Your not gonna get anywhere AT ALL working out 2 hours a day... I would keep your workouts under an hour and focus more on intensity. The only way to gain muscular weight is to take in more calories then your burning off. :D

That's bullshit! She can get plenty big working out 2 hours a day. My workouts take an hour and a half to two hours and I've made plenty of gains. I really don't think that you can argue with 260 at 13%, which, my friend, happens to be natural. What the fuck is with these replies? What is this the HIT board? Don't listen to these geeks. You can grow plenty fine with your workout regimen. 2 days a week, ha! "Yeah, I lift weights....sort of....you know, if twice a week counts as being a bodybuilder."
 
Yeah but she's a girl dude... not as much testosterone = reduced recovery time. I'd say lift 4x a week for no more than 1.5 hours and little cardio but definetly some. Women need cardio, and cannot afford to ditch it while bulking like us guys (for the most part).

supplements= creatine and protein supplements, you most certainly do not need more than 1g per lb unless it's for the purpose of eating more calories. maybe a multi-vitamin, that's all you need and all you should even worry about. everything else is b.s.

workouts= need to be heavy and in good form, compound movements and lots of them. I noticed that you inquired about supplements and diet, well this is where all of the stimulus and hard work should take place (well dieting's hard too...) you need to be lifting to failure. If you need help with a workout routine ASK, otherwise I'm not gonna bother to write one out :)

diet+sleep= this is what separates bodybuilders from casual lifters, dieting takes extreme dedication (while cutting) bulking is pretty easy, just don't get carried away. again if you need help ASK.

Good luck.
 
succession, HIT is H igh I ntensity T raining. Essentially it consists of low-volume, high weight workouts. An explanation beyond that is available on testosterone.net, and many other places on the net.

Super Girl 22, could you give us a bit more information about your goals (i.e. goal weight, BF%, are you looking to compete or just get in shape) and your past workout experience (i.e. how long have you been working out, what is your weight-lifting routine, how much cardio are you doing). Ignore the creatine/glycerol suggestion, since you already have low BF% you most likely won't see any noticeable results from this combination.

Creatine shouldn't cause bloating. If you are using Protein supplements in addition this may be the cause of your bloating. If not, try consuming more water (seems counterintuitive, but it seems to work).
 
Super Girl 22
Creatine really shouldnt cause any bloating... I have taken it for years without any type of bloating whatsoever... are you taking in a lot of water while on creatine? That is very important, especially during the loading phase. I agree with Valdez stating that a woman naturally has lower horomone levels than a man and therefore needs a lowered training volume. Training more than 3-4x per week will result in overtraining in my opinion. I would suggest following a routine training each bodypart one time per week, using basic lifts, reps 6-10, with your form flawless. I would also would suggest a diet high in protein (at least 1g per pound of bodyweight) and calories (15 x bodyweight or more depending) to support muscle growth, and an amply amount of sleep every night (7-8 hours+). Good luck! :D:D

Grizzly
I guess everyone is different bro. I didnt mean to offend I was just giving my opinion. I have never come across anyone who spends more than an hour or an hour and a half TOPS and made continuous gains. I am FAR from an HIT advocate I have tried HIT and it didnt do anything for me at all. I train with moderate/high volume 4x a week.

SSAlexSS
Working out 2x per week is not the answer. Intensity, consistency, increasing the weight each week, and compound movements are all valuable tools in growth but just stating to 'workout two times per week' is absurd.
 
Grizzly said:


That's bullshit! She can get plenty big working out 2 hours a day. My workouts take an hour and a half to two hours and I've made plenty of gains. I really don't think that you can argue with 260 at 13%, which, my friend, happens to be natural. What the fuck is with these replies? What is this the HIT board? Don't listen to these geeks. You can grow plenty fine with your workout regimen. 2 days a week, ha! "Yeah, I lift weights....sort of....you know, if twice a week counts as being a bodybuilder."


2 hours a day is TOO MUCH for 99% of the people. Unless you are genetically gifted and are using significant amount of steroids, 2 hours a day will just set you back! If working out for 2 hours per day works for you, fine. Everyone is different, you know.


Also working out INFREQUENTLY and briefly is THE BEST WAY TO TRAIN. Point of working out is to get your muscles growing, not killing them!



How tall is your friend? 260 pounds is pretty good, he have good genetics , so he may be able to tolerate lots of hours of working out.


And look, Dorian Yates one of the biggest bodybuilders work outs similiar to HIT like way. And you can't argue his success. About gains, I can work out more... But 2 days a week allows me to gain EACH WEEK! Sure I can work out 4 times per week, but I won;t gain as much strenth and muscle. Plus, I will waste time. So working out less IS BETTER! it is more efficient and more growth producing!
 
MonStar1023 said:
Super Girl 22
Creatine really shouldnt cause any bloating... I have taken it for years without any type of bloating whatsoever... are you taking in a lot of water while on creatine? That is very important, especially during the loading phase. I agree with Valdez stating that a woman naturally has lower horomone levels than a man and therefore needs a lowered training volume. Training more than 3-4x per week will result in overtraining in my opinion. I would suggest following a routine training each bodypart one time per week, using basic lifts, reps 6-10, with your form flawless. I would also would suggest a diet high in protein (at least 1g per pound of bodyweight) and calories (15 x bodyweight or more depending) to support muscle growth, and an amply amount of sleep every night (7-8 hours+). Good luck! :D:D

Grizzly
I guess everyone is different bro. I didnt mean to offend I was just giving my opinion. I have never come across anyone who spends more than an hour or an hour and a half TOPS and made continuous gains. I am FAR from an HIT advocate I have tried HIT and it didnt do anything for me at all. I train with moderate/high volume 4x a week.

SSAlexSS
Working out 2x per week is not the answer. Intensity, consistency, increasing the weight each week, and compound movements are all valuable tools in growth but just stating to 'workout two times per week' is absurd.

But I found that 2x per week is soo good! I gain even more doing 2x per wek than doing 3+ per week!
And HIT is great! Infrequent workouts where you GAIN EACH WEEK! If I don't gain in one exercise, then I gain in another! Training lots of times per week is great for strenth, but not great for size.

Why spend most of you time in gym gaining nothing, when you can spend less time in the gyma and spend more?

Again, before the steroids, the pros of yesterday trrained only 3 times per week, NOT 4+ . Anbd guess what, early bodybuilders were impressive for drug free phisques! Today, the art of gaining muscle DRUG FREE is lost! Infact because of drug freaks the real way to gain muscle is being ridiculed....

I guess we should thank Arnold Schwartznegger, Ronnie COleman, Flex, and others pros for convincing us that working out 5-6 times per week is good (except that drugs and genetics that make it all work).


its true that DRUG USING ELITE LEVEL bodybuilder won't grow too much workijng out 3 times per week. But we are discussing NATURAL bodybuilkding in this thread, right?

If you guys want to talk about CHEMICALLY ENHANCED ROUTINES then I guess the appropriate board would be "ANABOLIC DISCUSSION" .

ok?
 
Super Girl 22 said:
i'm currently training 4x a week for about an hour to 2 hours a day (mon-thurs with fri, sat & sun off). i weigh about 117lbs (5'4) and i really dont have much body fat (dont know the % yet). I want to get bigger but i dont want to take steriods. i was taking creatine a while ago but i found it makes me look too bloated. my friend suggested taking creatine with glycerol because it will make me bigger and cut ( i dont know how true this is). does anyone have any advice or know what type of supplements i can take to make me look bigger and ripped??? any help is appreciated.

You will NOT GET BIGGER by training more. 4 times per week is a bit extreme for naturals.

Just because all the big boys train 4-4+ times per week IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD TRAIN LIKE THEM.

It is funny how people try to have the same workouts like the pros do yet don't take steroids and aren't such genetically gifted like the pros. Back in 30,40,50, and 60 bodybuilders trained 3 times per week!
And they had impressive phisique for being naturals. Infact working out 3 times per week or less was the ONLT THING THEY COULD DO. Today with creation of STEROIDS, bodybuilding training became TRAINING FOR STEROID USERS. Infact some of todays guys are SO LUCKY and take SO MUCH STEROIDS that ANY routine will work for them. However I don't think that you are one of them.

Just because latest Mr O is doing 4x times per week does not mean that you should be working out 4x week.


Also, FORGET ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS! Suplements can not make a poor program work!


Do not listen to Grizzly. What works for him WILL NOT WOKR FOR YOU. And I do not even think that his routines works so good for him either.
 
I think we should have a supergirl showdown about who the real supergirl is on this board, how about a mud wrestling competition...?

I volunteer as referee :D

hardgainer (wishful thinker)
 
Bigger and Muscular?? What for?!

....unless you're looking to become a MAN, whatever happened to feminine looking women, I think it's alright to be tone and defined but...BIG and MUSCULAR!, no man in his right mind would look at you as a real female.
Let put it this way: Image an would be Arnold S. working out his ass off trying to look/become like (having the shape and curves of) Marilyn Monroe, Claudia Schiffer or Cindy Crawford, would you call him then: a nice manly looking MAN ?????!!!!! I don't think so - get your principles and perspective (and desires as well) straight and in order!
My two cents!
The Corsaire
Boarding party.....AWAY!:smash:
 
SSAlexSS...
Not to start a debate but I COMPLETELY disagree with what you have said. You honestly dont seem to have any reasoning behind what you have said:
"You will NOT GET BIGGER by training more. 4 times per week is a bit extreme for naturals. Just because all the big boys train 4-4+ times per week IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD TRAIN LIKE THEM. It is funny how people try to have the same workouts like the pros do yet don't take steroids and aren't such genetically gifted like the pros."
No one ever said that you would get bigger by training more. A routine of 4x per week is NOT extreme or excessive. Between 3-4x per week is a good amount of training and its not by any means excessive in my opinion.

"Infact some of todays guys are SO LUCKY and take SO MUCH STEROIDS that ANY routine will work for them. However I don't think that you are one of them. Just because latest Mr O is doing 4x times per week does not mean that you should be working out 4x week."
The latest Mr. O trains 6 DAYS per week NOT 4. So just understand that a natural CAN get by with 4x per week. As much as you think you have to inject all kinds of steroids to train more than 3x per week.

"Also, FORGET ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS! Suplements can not make a poor program work! Do not listen to Grizzly. What works for him WILL NOT WOKR FOR YOU. And I do not even think that his routines works so good for him either."
Bullshit forget about supplements. What you mean to say is that supplements cannot take the place of a sound diet or a solid training program. Supplements do have their place. They SUPPLEMENT your diet. They can HELP you achieve your goals. Supplements are not magic pills that completely change your entire body but they do help. How the hell would you know what would work for someone else? How do you know Grizzly's routine doesnt work wonders for him? I dont think its cool to try and tell someone else what their routine does for them bro.

Corsaire...
Everyone is different bro. I can understand what your saying about a woman looking feminine. But bare in mind that not every single woman wants the same thing. I also wouldnt argue that NO man would look at a woman whos big and muscular. Personally, it doesnt appeal to me, but there are definitely guys out there that it appeals to. And a lot of guys would rather be skinny and scrawny than big and buff. Everyone's different bro. :D:D
 
absolute hardgainer said:
I think we should have a supergirl showdown about who the real supergirl is on this board, how about a mud wrestling competition...?

I volunteer as referee :D

hardgainer (wishful thinker)

I'm not trying to get HUGE. i want to be a bit more defined and slightly more muscular than i already am. i want to hear the comments when i'm walking on the beach "damn, that girl works out!!" i look good and toned now but i want a bit more....not too much or anything masculine
 
just remember, we nattys have to take time, and make it ours. it takes a while to get to the next level when you are a natural. but im certain that with hard work, a solid diet, and lots of dedication. you will pull it off
 
absolute hardgainer said:
I think we should have a supergirl showdown about who the real supergirl is on this board, how about a mud wrestling competition...?

I volunteer as referee :D

hardgainer (wishful thinker)
she is a poser and can never be a supergirl... she is in it for the comments and the looks... not for the love of the sport... i lift because i fucking love it!!! Besides how great it makes me look
 
I have advice that's sure to work, but you won't like it. If you want bigger muscles, you need to feed them with real food. Lots of protein, good fats and carbs.

Try eating 15-18 cals per pound and 1.5 grams of protein per pound.

I've made strength gains by working out three days a week--1 day lower body, 1 day chest and bis and 1 day back and tris.

Lift really heavy and EAT!
 
hmm monstar some of the points u say r tru but some are also not. u can lift 4 times a week very easily and still amke great gains. shit i lift 5 times a week for college. depending on whihc body part u do there is a recovery period that goes along with it, u can only do squats and dealdlifts once a week. bench u cna do as many as 3 times and ive had great gains doing so. also any small bodypart can be worked eod ie forearms, calves, abs. the key is to manipulate ur diet so that u r tain in more calories than r used. creatine is good in my opinion it increases atp levels whihc enables u to work out longer. u may get bloat off of it but this is completley individualistic. try out different programs and see what works best for u would be my advice. start at one bodypart a week supergirl then continue to add as u feel it gets easier. stick to the basics
 
death on the field bro I was saying that you CAN get by training 4x per week or even 5x. I was arguing that with SSAlexSS whos recommending training 2x per week. Thats not enough in my opinion. I know everyone is different any everything like that but twice a week??? :confused:
 
MonStar1023 said:
death on the field bro I was saying that you CAN get by training 4x per week or even 5x. I was arguing that with SSAlexSS whos recommending training 2x per week. Thats not enough in my opinion. I know everyone is different any everything like that but twice a week??? :confused:

Well I am doing bodybuilding. And I love results! If you love working out just for sake of it, then just do it!

I am bodybuilding the sane style!
 
2x a week is too little 3x a week can be done, in fact right before camp and during season we go 3x a week. as long as they r compund exercises u can make great gains. in fact my strength went thru the roof in those 10 weeks
 
MonStar1023 said:
SSAlexSS...
Not to start a debate but I COMPLETELY disagree with what you have said. You honestly dont seem to have any reasoning behind what you have said:
"You will NOT GET BIGGER by training more. 4 times per week is a bit extreme for naturals. Just because all the big boys train 4-4+ times per week IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD TRAIN LIKE THEM. It is funny how people try to have the same workouts like the pros do yet don't take steroids and aren't such genetically gifted like the pros."
No one ever said that you would get bigger by training more. A routine of 4x per week is NOT extreme or excessive. Between 3-4x per week is a good amount of training and its not by any means excessive in my opinion.

"Infact some of todays guys are SO LUCKY and take SO MUCH STEROIDS that ANY routine will work for them. However I don't think that you are one of them. Just because latest Mr O is doing 4x times per week does not mean that you should be working out 4x week."
The latest Mr. O trains 6 DAYS per week NOT 4. So just understand that a natural CAN get by with 4x per week. As much as you think you have to inject all kinds of steroids to train more than 3x per week.

"Also, FORGET ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS! Suplements can not make a poor program work! Do not listen to Grizzly. What works for him WILL NOT WOKR FOR YOU. And I do not even think that his routines works so good for him either."
Bullshit forget about supplements. What you mean to say is that supplements cannot take the place of a sound diet or a solid training program. Supplements do have their place. They SUPPLEMENT your diet. They can HELP you achieve your goals. Supplements are not magic pills that completely change your entire body but they do help. How the hell would you know what would work for someone else? How do you know Grizzly's routine doesnt work wonders for him? I dont think its cool to try and tell someone else what their routine does for them bro.

Corsaire...
Everyone is different bro. I can understand what your saying about a woman looking feminine. But bare in mind that not every single woman wants the same thing. I also wouldnt argue that NO man would look at a woman whos big and muscular. Personally, it doesnt appeal to me, but there are definitely guys out there that it appeals to. And a lot of guys would rather be skinny and scrawny than big and buff. Everyone's different bro. :D:D

4 times per week is excessive for SIZE GAINS for most people. Only RAREST people can workout so much with sucess. Chances are that 4 times per week is too much.

In bodybuilding LESS IS MORE. We are not strength athletes, we are hypertrophy athletes. For hypertrophy you need recovery! What is the point in working out so much that you don't give your muscles enough time to recover?

As you grow stronger and bigger your recivery ability does not goes up as your ability to damage muscles through hard poundages.

"natural can get big by working out 4x"
Fat maybe. But not muscular big unless you have extraordinary genetics and circumstances (16 hours of sleep and crapload of steroids. Yeh, mild ones. A bit of deca, anavar and clenbuterol. Not real steroids like testerone and anadrol. so you are still natural.

"Bullshit forget about supplements. What you mean to say is that supplements cannot take the place of a sound diet or a solid training program. Supplements do have their place. They SUPPLEMENT your diet. They can HELP you achieve your goals."

True, suplements work, at eating your money. And with good program they can work. BUT, if that program ain't 4x time per week ********************!

Grizzly's routine might work for him (or atleast he thinks so). But he shouldn't force people to use HIS INSANE routine! Working out so much per week might not bring the most muscle to you and you ghet disappointed. And then you resort to steroids and well, ruin yourself.

Let me tell you. One guy decided to start to bodybuild, hopefully I wasn't his role model. Well he visited me working out in my school gym and call me crazy. I was working out 2 times per week doing basic compound moves and killing myself. He kept saying "you onbly do big compound movements". ":2 times per week? BAH! I do more!"

he is very determined. He eats every 2 hours, bring s his tuna to math class - etc. He even has a log of what he has eaten that day. I don't have that.

Guess what ? While I am muscular and gaining muscle he is still chubby and it looks like he has never lifted weight in his life.

He started wondering about 'supplements" like creatine. CHILL OFF! You don't look like you have gained anything in your couple month of training. I gained like 20 pounds of muscle. I couldnt see that on him.

So you see parallel here? Working out a lot + Suplements = TROUBLE!

I don't like that guy in particular. But I feel sorry for him. And I feel sorry for Super Girl 22. We will end it on here............................................
 
SSAlexSS..
Honestly bro I have better things to talk about on this board than to talk about why 3-4x a week is okay for a natural and you dont have to load up with steroids to train more than 2x per week. I think YOU happen to be the different one bro NOT everyone else. Most people can train 3-4x per week right from the start with compound exercises and make GREAT gains. I have never in my life before heard of someone training 2x per week. Even the strongest HIT advocates train more than that.

The phrase less is more in bodybuilding refers to training less than a crazy amount of volume etc. Why dont you just train one time per week, and do one set of one exercise per bodypart, with one rep? Then youll be following the saying less is more and youll look like a real ass in the same way that you do now.

"'natural can get big by working out 4x' Fat maybe. But not muscular big unless you have extraordinary genetics and circumstances (16 hours of sleep and crapload of steroids. Yeh, mild ones. A bit of deca, anavar and clenbuterol. Not real steroids like testerone and anadrol. so you are still natural."
So basically here you're saying that by working out 4x per week youll get fat?? How the hell can you come to that conclusion. Anyone that works out more than your ridiculous 2x and is not pumping steroids per week will get fat. Definitely not bro.

"True, suplements work, at eating your money. And with good program they can work. BUT, if that program ain't 4x time per week ********************!"
Supplements work at eating your money... lets see I just bought creatine for $8 and it was a month's supply. It was definitely expensive. Yeah taking creatine and working out 4x per week WILL NOT work I mean no way you know SSAlexSS has come to a breakthrough in bodybuilding... working out more than 2x per weeks = FAT.

"He started wondering about 'supplements" like creatine. CHILL OFF! You don't look like you have gained anything in your couple month of training. I gained like 20 pounds of muscle. I couldnt see that on him."
Haha alright bro. Creatine must = NO GAINS as well. I mean even though thats been proven time and time again for strength/size increases, it must not work. I mean all supplements suck and are a waste of your money. Dont waste your money on a multi-vitamin, creatine, or whey protein (the basic of bodybuilding supplementation) because its just a waste of your money.

Bro dont make yourself look like such an ass seriously. :D:D
 
MonStar1023 said:
SSAlexSS..
Honestly bro I have better things to talk about on this board than to talk about why 3-4x a week is okay for a natural and you dont have to load up with steroids to train more than 2x per week. I think YOU happen to be the different one bro NOT everyone else. Most people can train 3-4x per week right from the start with compound exercises and make GREAT gains. I have never in my life before heard of someone training 2x per week. Even the strongest HIT advocates train more than that.

The phrase less is more in bodybuilding refers to training less than a crazy amount of volume etc. Why dont you just train one time per week, and do one set of one exercise per bodypart, with one rep? Then youll be following the saying less is more and youll look like a real ass in the same way that you do now.

"'natural can get big by working out 4x' Fat maybe. But not muscular big unless you have extraordinary genetics and circumstances (16 hours of sleep and crapload of steroids. Yeh, mild ones. A bit of deca, anavar and clenbuterol. Not real steroids like testerone and anadrol. so you are still natural."
So basically here you're saying that by working out 4x per week youll get fat?? How the hell can you come to that conclusion. Anyone that works out more than your ridiculous 2x and is not pumping steroids per week will get fat. Definitely not bro.

"True, suplements work, at eating your money. And with good program they can work. BUT, if that program ain't 4x time per week ********************!"
Supplements work at eating your money... lets see I just bought creatine for $8 and it was a month's supply. It was definitely expensive. Yeah taking creatine and working out 4x per week WILL NOT work I mean no way you know SSAlexSS has come to a breakthrough in bodybuilding... working out more than 2x per weeks = FAT.

"He started wondering about 'supplements" like creatine. CHILL OFF! You don't look like you have gained anything in your couple month of training. I gained like 20 pounds of muscle. I couldnt see that on him."
Haha alright bro. Creatine must = NO GAINS as well. I mean even though thats been proven time and time again for strength/size increases, it must not work. I mean all supplements suck and are a waste of your money. Dont waste your money on a multi-vitamin, creatine, or whey protein (the basic of bodybuilding supplementation) because its just a waste of your money.

Bro dont make yourself look like such an ass seriously. :D:D

Training ALOT OF TIMES PER WEEK is overtraining and overtraining eats your muscle.s.

HIT advocates 3 times per week for beginners and later EVEN LESS TIMES FOR ADVANCED PEOPLE.

And creatine costs are 49 dollars if not more. And I never said that creatine = no gains.

I said that that guy did not improve becasue his training sucks. Even good supplementation cannot deal with poor training.

Read
http://www.cyberpump.com/trainhard/departure.html

about a women who was workinhg out a lot and not getting anything until she started to work out less and get more results. We as men (I hope... ahem) would benefit even MORE from SANE workouts.
 
A few things that have helped me:
1.I focused a lot on stimulating growth hormone production,since we can't really depend on testosterone to build us up.I train in the nornings,no carbs,since insulin inhibits GH production.I take L-arginine/L-ornithine at bedtime.
2.I increased my protein intake to about 1.5gm/lb.This was very difficult for me to do,but I supplemented twice a day with protein shakes,in addition to my other meals.
3.I dropped down to three days a week of weight training,while i still do cardio 6 days a week.I focus on lifting 75-80% of my 1rm,around 8-10 reps.I try to vary my workouts every 4-6 weeks.You won't stimulate muscle growth unless you apply yourself,lift as heavy as you can,and continually push yourself.I am not a bodybuilder,but a weightlifter,although I have quads and a back that most bodybuilders would kill for.Haven't done steroids(yet).
Good luck.
 
Okay SSAlexSS we get your opinion you think it's difficult for naturals to pull off 4 efficient workouts a week. Well here is my opinion: YOUR WRONG. 4 days a week is great! 5 is too much 3 too little 4 is darn perfect. Mon, Tue... Thur, Fri... And also that quote "workouts are best infrequent and brief" is a bunch of bullshit that is spawned from a moron named mike mentzer who realistically did not have a better physique than any good quality high volume pro back in the day... also for your info: Mike mentzer, Arnold, and all of those pros were JUICED TO THE MAX!!!!

workouts are best brief, and CONSISTENT. Consistency is the key to bodybuilding. Btw: I really enjoy your posts SSAlexSS, seriously.

don't even get me started on Ayn Rand and her bullshit beliefs! (not that you are a fan or anything she just came to mind)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, ooooohhh I haven't vented in these forums in a while.
 
MrMuscle said:
just remember, we nattys have to take time, and make it ours. it takes a while to get to the next level when you are a natural. but im certain that with hard work, a solid diet, and lots of dedication. you will pull it off

First of all, i'm far from a poser. and i'm not in it for the looks. i get those without working out so dont try to play yourself. i love the sport and i love what i get out of it. i've learned how to deal with my stress and aggravation in a productive way plus i love the feeling i have when i walk out of the gym after an intense workout. so stop being a bitch
 
ATTN: SUPERGIRL

SORRY I QUOTED THE WRONG PERSON ON THAT LAST REPLY. THAT IS ADDRESSED TO "SUPERGIRL" WHO CLAIMS THAT I AM A POSER. IF YOU ONLY KNEW ME... :finger:
 
SSAlexSS......... i agree with a lot of what you say

but im with Valdez on this one........ he outlined my training program....i train 4 days.......... mon,tues,thurs,friday ............i have been training several differnent ways for years........ but i swapped to this 15 weeks ago....... i have improved every week.

i went from 180 to 208(a lot of that is my diet though)... my arms went up a inch and half......... chest 3.......... calves 2 inch....... and thighs 3.......... granted my waist is also larger but hey you cant have the good without the bad i suppose...........

but i love it......... some lifts that improved i went from 135 butt to the floor squat for 10 reps to 315 butt to the floor for 4 reps.

70lb db bench for 10 reps, to 115 lb db bench for 4 reps.

and one of the most impressive (at least to me)......... is 45lb ez curl for 10 reps to 125lb ez curl for 4 reps.

so you cant say it is not working........ but i think nutrition is the main part of all growing....... pretty much any time of training will stimulate the muscle but its what goes in your mouth and the amount of rest time you get that will make you grow

simple formula:

1....stimulate the muscle (i.e. working out)
2....allow time to recover.....(let the muscle catch back up to where it was preworkout)
3....allow time to grow....(the most import but also most neglected)

happy lifting
 
Re: ATTN: SUPERGIRL

Super Girl 22 said:
SORRY I QUOTED THE WRONG PERSON ON THAT LAST REPLY. THAT IS ADDRESSED TO "SUPERGIRL" WHO CLAIMS THAT I AM A POSER. IF YOU ONLY KNEW ME... :finger:

hehe ok..i was starting to wonder what i said that was so wrong :)
 
SSAlexSS said:

And creatine costs are 49 dollars if not more. And I never said that creatine = no gains.

:rolleyes: Plain creatine monohydrate is not $49... not even from GNC which is probably the biggest ripoff Ive ever seen in my life.
 
Super Girl 22 said:
i want to hear the comments when i'm walking on the beach "damn, that girl works out!!" i look good and toned now but i want a bit more....not too much or anything masculine

you said it, not me... you want the comments

so i am LMAO at you :)

BITCH.... Babe In Total Control of Herself... thanks for the compliment un-supergirl
 
Exodus said:
SSAlexSS......... i agree with a lot of what you say
Are you kidding me bro? SSAlexSS - I don't know where in the hell you're coming up with this shit. First off, MonStar was being very cordial in refuting your opinions until your blatant arrogance lit his fuse...and I don't blame him.

You have to be a complete and total ass to sit there and tell everyone on this board that by working out more than 2x/week that they're not going to make any growth gains, but just get fat. I've never heard such a load of horse shit in my life, and I've heard a LOT. As others have said, myself included, working out 4x/week is great. I do a Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri workout week and I've made gains nearly every week. Just these past 4 weeks I've gained over 5 pounds, and little, if any, is fat. I can see that when I look in the mirror. Granted it's been after being off for a while, but regardless. Your dumbass comments are telling at least 80% of the people on here that they're training wrong. On the contrary, how wrong you are!

As MonStar said, you must be the odd man out, because I've never heard of someone training 2x/week and making gains. Go up to guys in your gym YOU think have obviously made good gains and ask 'em how many times they work out per week. I guarantee you you'll be hard pressed to find someone who agrees with you. It's nice that works for you, but for the majority of us, we'll stick to our 3, 4 or 5x/week...thanks. Keep your trap shut if you're going to tell everyone who disagrees with you they're wrong.

Oh yeah, and you can get 1000g of brand name creatine for around $25, so get off that $49 B.S.

Originally posted by Super Girl 22
First of all, i'm far from a poser. and i'm not in it for the looks. i get those without working out so dont try to play yourself. i love the sport and i love what i get out of it. i've learned how to deal with my stress and aggravation in a productive way plus i love the feeling i have when i walk out of the gym after an intense workout. so stop being a bitch
LOL! Don't take too much offense. She's just pissed because there's someone else with the words "super" and "girl" in their nick. I don't have anything against you Supergirl, but don't make the mistake of judging someone you don't know over as petty an issue as a screen name...seriously. :rolleyes: Who gives a shit if she'd like some comments? Many people would. If pride in what you've accomplished is to be beaten down, you best start in on a hell of a lot of others on these boards. This doesn't mean someone's in it just for the looks & comments. I'll take 'em as icing on the cake. :bday:
 
Last edited:
Valdez said:
Okay SSAlexSS we get your opinion you think it's difficult for naturals to pull off 4 efficient workouts a week. Well here is my opinion: YOUR WRONG. 4 days a week is great! 5 is too much 3 too little 4 is darn perfect. Mon, Tue... Thur, Fri... And also that quote "workouts are best infrequent and brief" is a bunch of bullshit that is spawned from a moron named mike mentzer who realistically did not have a better physique than any good quality high volume pro back in the day... also for your info: Mike mentzer, Arnold, and all of those pros were JUICED TO THE MAX!!!!

workouts are best brief, and CONSISTENT. Consistency is the key to bodybuilding. Btw: I really enjoy your posts SSAlexSS, seriously.

don't even get me started on Ayn Rand and her bullshit beliefs! (not that you are a fan or anything she just came to mind)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, ooooohhh I haven't vented in these forums in a while.


Ok, 4 days per week may work for you. We don';t argue that. But the real 'issue" here is how supergirl22 should train. And 4 days a week might be a bad idea for many people, obviously not for you or MonSTar.

About Mike Mentzer: Yes, he did not have a better phisique that arnold. But thats genetics for you, Arnold was definately superior (Geneticly wise). Infact the best phisiques give you WORST ADVICES.
Some people can progress despite of themselves, while some people have to actually do work and do their research. And if a person DOES NOT KNOW HOW HE GOT TO MR OLYMPIA TITLE, how do you expect him to help you? Or trasining like that? And like some HIT guy said "Conventional training occupies so much time that those who win great titles using conventional training, cannot really be winners."

Please ask yourself this question; "Am I progressing EACH WEEK?" If you said yes then it is okay.

Please don't think I am **** or something. Everyone has theirs ideas, and I like to discuss that....


have a good day VALDEZ.
 
MonStar1023 said:


:rolleyes: Plain creatine monohydrate is not $49... not even from GNC which is probably the biggest ripoff Ive ever seen in my life.


Maybe in USA it is 25. But not in Canada.
 
RealDeal said:

LOL! Don't take too much offense. She's just pissed because there's someone else with the words "super" and "girl" in their nick. I don't have anything against you Supergirl, but don't make the mistake of judging someone you don't know over as petty an issue as a screen name...seriously. :rolleyes: Who gives a shit if she'd like some comments? Many people would. If pride in what you've accomplished is to be beaten down, you best start in on a hell of a lot of others on these boards. This doesn't mean someone's in it just for the looks & comments. I'll take 'em as icing on the cake. :bday:

awe... :bawling: coming to her defense.. how knightly of you :bawling: i need a tissue...

and you are right!!! Pride in your accomplishments is awesome, but do if for yourself, not for the benefit of other people, because if you spend your entire life trying to impress other people, then you are only defeating yourself and getting artificial pride... Self pride and worth is almost a spiritual thing.. it comes from the self and not outside-validation... just some food for thought..

So supergirl22... i am glad to read that you have found lifting as a stress release but i just see too many girls that go to the gym just to say they belong to a gym... so if you really lift then kudos to you.. & YES i am busting your balls on the name... it was mine first LOL
 
Exodus said:
SSAlexSS......... i agree with a lot of what you say

but im with Valdez on this one........ he outlined my training program....i train 4 days.......... mon,tues,thurs,friday ............i have been training several differnent ways for years........ but i swapped to this 15 weeks ago....... i have improved every week.

i went from 180 to 208(a lot of that is my diet though)... my arms went up a inch and half......... chest 3.......... calves 2 inch....... and thighs 3.......... granted my waist is also larger but hey you cant have the good without the bad i suppose...........

but i love it......... some lifts that improved i went from 135 butt to the floor squat for 10 reps to 315 butt to the floor for 4 reps.

70lb db bench for 10 reps, to 115 lb db bench for 4 reps.

and one of the most impressive (at least to me)......... is 45lb ez curl for 10 reps to 125lb ez curl for 4 reps.

so you cant say it is not working........ but i think nutrition is the main part of all growing....... pretty much any time of training will stimulate the muscle but its what goes in your mouth and the amount of rest time you get that will make you grow

simple formula:

1....stimulate the muscle (i.e. working out)
2....allow time to recover.....(let the muscle catch back up to where it was preworkout)
3....allow time to grow....(the most import but also most neglected)

happy lifting


Yeh. 2 month ago I had trouble doing flat dumbell bench presses with 20 pounders. BOOO!!!
Now I can do 75 pounds for 1 time max. And 55-60 for 10 times!

ANyways... What is your split? What do you do each workout?
 
Last edited:
Sorry if I offended you, MonStar or anything... I did not intend that. But you know, TESTERONE is surely flowing in me and i am getting mini ' roid rages". Must be those awesome testerone boosting 2x times per week. SO often I am pissed off at people for now reasons..... No hard feelings i hope...
 
Last edited:
SSAlexSS said:

Ok, 4 days per week may work for you. We don';t argue that. But the real 'issue" here is how supergirl22 should train. And 4 days a week might be a bad idea for many people, obviously not for you or MonSTar.

About Mike Mentzer: Yes, he did not have a better phisique that arnold. But thats genetics for you, Arnold was definately superior (Geneticly wise). Infact the best phisiques give you WORST ADVICES.
Some people can progress despite of themselves, while some people have to actually do work and do their research. And if a person DOES NOT KNOW HOW HE GOT TO MR OLYMPIA TITLE, how do you expect him to help you? Or trasining like that? And like some HIT guy said "Conventional training occupies so much time that those who win great titles using conventional training, cannot really be winners."

Please ask yourself this question; "Am I progressing EACH WEEK?" If you said yes then it is okay.

Please don't think I am **** or something. Everyone has theirs ideas, and I like to discuss that.... have a good day VALDEZ.

Its all good bro I understand your just trying to argue your point but dont be so opinionated. Everyone is different and no ONE program will work for everyone. There are standards though for example most naturals can train 3-4x per week and make great gains off it. SOME can train 6x and make good gains, and some in your case can train 2x and make good gains. Sometimes it really sounds your quoting a magazine or something with the things you say and thats just somethin that gets to me. Sorry bro. :D:D
 
if you want to grow you better make nutrition your priority! stick to the basics and remember you grow out of the gym.it takes time.
 
my 4x a week split
mond back and bis
tues chest and tris
wends off
thurs shoulders traps
fri legs forearms

i do calfs on tues and friday

my body fat is high but that was never a concern for me as a power lifter now that i want to drop as much body fat as possable and look big instead of looking like and pear, this is what i do along with

6 days of cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, i am ot seeing any hudge gains persay but i am noticing things starting to move around alot when i flex a sure sighn of two things, fat loss, and size increase,

by the way i use metrx powder creatine it cost me about 30 dollars for 2 lb container and that price is a little high, but i also get the big cans of isopure there for 28 bucks, so i always buy from them. if you doubt my size and stuff i am gonna include a picture, yes i am very fat, 5'11" 295 but my weight goal is just around the corner at 245.
i was at 360 in jan.
 
Top Bottom