Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I want my Karma!!! Please read!!!

goin on 4T

MVP
Platinum
EF VIP
Mistake in Steelers game costs some bettors big
5 hours ago

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers walked off the field Sunday just happy they had won.

A lot of bettors in this gambling city were more concerned by how many points they ended up winning by.

Winners turned into losers and losers ended up winning when a game that should have ended up 17-10 or 18-10 instead went into the record books as the first 11-10 final in NFL history. Though the score made no difference in the win and loss column, it did in the wallets of a lot of bettors on the Las Vegas Strip.

"Anyone who had a bet on the Pittsburgh side and thought they had won weren't too happy," said John Avello, director of the race and sports book at the Wynn resort.

A mistake by the officials on the final play of the game between the Steelers and San Diego Chargers didn't alter the outcome. But it did mean bettors who thought they had won money on the game actually lost, while those who thought they had lost ended up winning.

The Steelers were favored by 4 points, meaning the apparent touchdown scored by the Steelers' Troy Polamalu on the last play of the game made the difference between Pittsburgh covering the point spread or not. When the touchdown was disallowed, Pittsburgh bettors who thought they had won on a fluke on the last play were left holding worthless tickets.

"On the final play of Sunday's game between the Chargers and Steelers, Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu returned a loose ball 12 yards for a defensive touchdown," the league said in a statement Monday. "After an instant replay review and crew conference, the on-field ruling of touchdown was incorrectly reversed to no touchdown due to an illegal forward pass by San Diego.

"The incorrect reversal of the on-field ruling of touchdown was acknowledged immediately following the game by referee Scott Green in the pool report interview with a representative of the media."

The NFL said it is discussing with the rule-making competition committee "potential administrative improvements for replay that would help to prevent this type of mistake in the future."

That presumably could include allowing officials to take a second look at controversial plays, something not now permitted under the current rules.

Avello said there might have been $10 million bet on the game statewide, and many times more than that in illegal bets around the country and in offshore Internet betting sites. There was more money bet on Pittsburgh, he said, especially in parlay bets.

Though the officials later said they made a mistake in calling back the touchdown, the official score remains 11-10, and Nevada sports books paid off on the final score from Sunday.

That is an intersting read! And no I don't expect my karma back I just thought it was interesting...

No fault of the bookies, but i would be pissed too. wonder how much someone paid those ref's.

No fault of the bookies, but i would be pissed too. wonder how much someone paid those ref's.

pitt didnt deserve to cover that game .. justice was served .. chargers were covering from beginning to end .. ended the way it should have

that touchdown shouldnt have counted? because of the rest of the game?

that touchdown shouldnt have counted? because of the rest of the game?
nope they didnt deserve to cover .. he should have fell on the ball and let the clock run out anyways .. would have been the biggest bs cover in history if it counted .. they were covering from start to finish..justice was served .. if i bet pitt .. i would have felt i didnt deserve the win lol and im being honest

nope they didnt deserve to cover .. he should have fell on the ball and let the clock run out anyways .. would have been the biggest bs cover in history if it counted .. they were covering from start to finish..justice was served .. if i bet pitt .. i would have felt i didnt deserve the win lol and im being honest

may not have deserved it, but the call was wrong nonetheless as admitted by the NFL and crew. I didnt bet either, but im sure the pitt betters think that it was the biggest BS non cover in history. it is what it is.

It would have been a front-cover which is about as annoying for the bookies as being backdoored.

I think the Steelera should have done better but a couple of dodgy calls earlier in the game seemed to take away their fire and spark the Bolts. After Pitt failed to convert from inside the one, the Bolts seemed more confident. I went to bed with a headache at the half, expecting the Steelers to win but not to cover.

Poor officiating more than once in this game.

It would have been a front-cover which is about as annoying for the bookies as being backdoored.

I think the Steelera should have done better but a couple of dodgy calls earlier in the game seemed to take away their fire and spark the Bolts. After Pitt failed to convert from inside the one, the Bolts seemed more confident. I went to bed with a headache at the half, expecting the Steelers to win but not to cover.

Poor officiating more than once in this game.

lol exactly .. not saying the td shouldnt have counted but steelers didnt really deserve to cover .. i get fucked it bs covers all the time and it wears u the fuck down lol

pitt didnt deserve to cover that game .. justice was served .. chargers were covering from beginning to end .. ended the way it should have

that's my feeling as well
of course I had san diego

Top Bottom