Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I cannot even explain how PISSED I am at Steinbrenner

KillahBee

How could you let Pettitte go? I know he was never "your" guy, but you just made the worst mistake of your career. Very bad move. And it wasn't about money, even though you overpay everyone else. All you had to do was show him he was wanted and he would have stayed. You just let our #1 pitcher (a lefty I might add) who was in the prime of his career and one of the last Yankees from the dynasty go. Bad move, Georgey boy. Very bad move.

No Gary Sheffield or Kevin Brown will make up for this HUGE loss.

I feel you, but it is public knowledge his wife wanted him to move closer to home in Texas. I wish he went to the Rangers, but it was a family move similar to Randy Johnson going to Arizona.

sh4dowf4lcon said:
I feel you, but it is public knowledge his wife wanted him to move closer to home in Texas. I wish he went to the Rangers, but it was a family move similar to Randy Johnson going to Arizona.

Wrong, borly. He has always been a very strong and committed family man, yet he has been in NY for 13 years. And I am sure that his family was a part of this decision. BUT, the Yankees didn't show him the respect he deserved. They didn't even contact him until 14 days after the WS! There is a reason Andy loved working out with Roger and why they were so close: Andy is just like him. Not as outwardly intense or emotional, but a man that holds the idea of respect very high in his belief system.

Romo17 said:
I'm so pissed, I don't know what to say.

Well maybe this:

FUCK YOU STEINBRENNER AND YOU TOO JIM FASSEL!!!

Let's take it easy on Fassel. This is his last year, no doubt, but you can only blame him so much. When it comes down to it the team did not perform. Plain and simple. I hold him accountable somewhat for not getting into their heads enough the past 2 seasons, but I also appreciate his work ethic and the way this team has responded to him in the past.

interesting move from a team that is pretty weak pitching wise imo, now they basically have vasquez and pray for 4 days of rain, the boss seems way too worried in offense and is forgetting why the marlins won the series this year. p i t c h i n g

KillahBee said:

Wrong, borly. He has always been a very strong and committed family man, yet he has been in NY for 13 years. And I am sure that his family was a part of this decision. BUT, the Yankees didn't show him the respect he deserved. They didn't even contact him until 14 days after the WS!

Bro, he took a 3 yr deal for not that much money so he could be closer to his family who lives in Houston Area. His wife has made several public statements on the news about her desire for Andy to "come home" and play.

14 days after the series??????outrageous!!! 2 friggin weeks. WOW...look at the deal he signed, Yankees easily could have matched it or doubled it...he went home because that is what his wife wanted...dont hate stein... you have the winningest franchise ever in the Yankees.

KillahBee said:

Let's take it easy on Fassel. This is his last year, no doubt, but you can only blame him so much. When it comes down to it the team did not perform. Plain and simple. I hold him accountable somewhat for not getting into their heads enough the past 2 seasons, but I also appreciate his work ethic and the way this team has responded to him in the past.

I understand that but he has to be held accountable for a few things like....his loyalty to Tiki Barber. Ok, yes, Tiki is a good player but let's be real here, the guy is a fumbling machine. You have a guy like Dorsey Levens on the bench seething at the bit to get in. You need to change it up once in a while when it's not going your way.

The offensive line is young and inexperienced and collins doesn't have a lick of confidence in them.

It's a myriad of things but I believe Fassel is a goner at the end of the year. Their offense is too predictable and they need a big time receiver..

Fossil should try his, "I'm pushing my chips to the center of the table...I'm all in...win or lose all my chips are in the center" speech. I wont miss him, I love the Boys we have Big Bill, so buh-bye Fassell. I like the guy, but rumor has it he is gone for sure.

Top Bottom