Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How come prohormones dont fall under analouge act?

• Thread starter Thread starter Big_BK
  • Start date Start date
B

Big_BK

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/analog/analog_info1.shtml

Other countries and most U.S. states have their own definition of what an analog means, as many have created their own versions of the Analogue Act.

So, to answer your question directly, if a chemical is an analog of another, it can mean different things depending on the context in which it is said. If it said by a lay person in casual conversation, it could mean that they are saying the chemicals share large common features or if the term is being used precisely it could mean that the chemicals vary by a single atom or small structure, or it could mean that the chemical might meet some legislated definition of being 'substantially similar' to a controlled substance and thus itself be illegal to possess without a prescription or license.

The US Federal Analague Act has 3 parts:

1. 'chemical substantially similar'

AND EITHER
2. effects similar to substance in Schedule I or II
3. OR someone represents it as having the effect of a controlled substance

Any thoughts?

You answered your own question with point #2.
Steroid derivatives are Schedule 3 and the analogue act does not apply to those compounds.

DEA Schedule 3

However, the DSHEA act covers dietary supplements which is a totally different area covered by the FDA.

Yeah but it also says AND EITHER
2. effects similar to substance in Schedule I or II
3. OR someone represents it as having the effect of a controlled substance

which it fulfills in #3.

This is off of Wikipedia:
(32)

* (A) Except as provided in subparagraph (C), the term controlled substance analogue means a substance -
o (i) the chemical structure of which is substantially similar to the chemical structure of a controlled substance in schedule I or II;
o (ii) which has a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater than the stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I or II; or
o (iii) with respect to a particular person, which such person represents or intends to have a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater than the stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I or II.

To me it looks like Shedule 3 are exempt; but I am not a lawyer....

Funny how the laws work... AAS are schedule 3 and class e, even weed is higher then class e for chirst sake! So many crazy laws i dont know how lawyers keep on top of that stuff.

Top Bottom