Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Homebrew solvents questions

barkstan

Hello, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

I've got some powders that I'd like to convert (test prop, masteron), and I've got some basic questions about the solvents that are typically used.

As I understand it, benzyl alcohol (~5%) is used both as a solvent and a disinfectant, but is water soluble and will be carried away quickly after injection. So we also use benzyl benzoate (~15%), which is a weaker solvent, but relatively insoluble in water -- this prevents the solution from crashing when the BA is carried away. Then the solution is topped up with an appropriate oil (~80%)

And so the questions: Why is oil added instead of more BB? Is this because the BB is toxic (or painful) in high concentrations?

Also, people talk about using ethyl oleate as a carrier in place of part of the oil (it's thinner and a better solvent). Couldn't the EO replace the BB as well? It seems that this would simplify prop recipes a lot, as you convert using only BA and EO (no oil or BB), which would also result in a nice thin solution.

Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom