Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hit the bag today and learned a valueble lesson

Lord_Suston

That endurance is key to competitions. It wasn't that my form was bad, or that I lacked power or speed. Actually I think I am faster and hit harder now. But I lack endurance, after 30 sec of intense combos I could barely breath let alone fight anyones' grandmother. So if you lift weight hard make sure you don't neglect the cardio:bawling:

That and I found my added leg strength helps me drive my punches and elbow much harder than before

it really pisses me off when i se soldiers fight, i train with one and he never gets 'tired'....only sore from all the lactic acid build up as he;s never really done much martial arts before, but his endurance is amazing

problem is i find it REALLY hard to train endurance properly when u are also trying to develop power in the weights room :(

literally sometimes my muscles fight against me when I strike or block. So I have to wamr up slowly and work on relaxing muscles that are not needed. It is tough to do both, I cycle back and forth but lately I am lifting more and boxing less.

Soon I will start sprinting and boxing more;)

Damn man, 30 seconds on the bag & your puffed??? Your about two years off fighting then, if you work hard at your fitness. Lifting is a means to the end not the end in itself.

Wolverine_K1 said:
Damn man, 30 seconds on the bag & your puffed??? Your about two years off fighting then, if you work hard at your fitness. Lifting is a means to the end not the end in itself.

I used to compete so I know how much time it takes to get into competitive shape. For me it is about 6 months of pure boxing training with no weights. But by that time I weigh a lot less .

Thaibox: I am staring to slowly get back into it for personal reasons but I doubt if I will ever consciously try to make weight again. So I am gonna start my sprints and cardio :bawling: . No distance yet just short sticatto burst.

Lord_Suston said:

I used to compete so I know how much time it takes to get into competitive shape. For me it is about 6 months of pure boxing training with no weights. But by that time I weigh a lot less .

Thaibox: I am staring to slowly get back into it for personal reasons but I doubt if I will ever consciously try to make weight again. So I am gonna start my sprints and cardio :bawling: . No distance yet just short sticatto burst.

outta curiousity how much strength do you lose in the weights room when you come back after the 6 month cardio stint

i always wondered how much strength a person can preserve when they move from weights into the cardio+calesthenics/military style workout

I think it would be highly individual.

For me...my strength would probably match that of a 12 year old girl's after 6 months. But, I'm no longer willing to find out:)

When I switch my training focus to a more sports-specific one for my indoor soccer or Australian rules football, I tend to be able to maintain my strength and gain very slightly in some areas. During this time I'm focusing on increasing my endurance specifically, so it is all about finding the right balance...

i've always wondered how those heavyweight fighters mantain their muscle mass AND endurance. some of those guys look awesome, hit hard and can go the distance.
hell yeah i'm jealous:D

Top Bottom