Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Football savants: help!

• Thread starter Thread starter buksoon
  • Start date Start date
B

buksoon

Okay, I was watching ESPN at work. They had this special on the "Millenium Bowl" between the Steelers and the 49ers, where they played each half on 2 consecutive Sundays.

It was fairly recent, because Clinton and a bunch of ex-presidents were there. But not *so* recent because Nixon was there, too.

Anyway, it was really interesting... but ESPN only showed the first half! Aargh! Cliff-hanger!! The 49ers were ahead 21-7.

I have scoured the Internet for more info to no avail. Does anyone know what happened? The narrator was making it sound like a "stunning upset" came next. If you know of a link, can you post it?

No, I'm totally serious! Not that I'm some football freak, but it's like hearing the set-up of a joke and then not the punchline. Ya just gotta know!

It wasn't a clips thing. It was a documentary on one specific game that was carried out over two Sundays--starting in Frisco and ending in Pittsburgh.

The 49ers qb was Joe Montana. The Pittsburgh stars were holdovers from the "Steel Curtain" defense--Mean Joe Greene and three other Hall of Famers.

It was a single game. Anyone know?

buksoon-

Tantric is right. I have seen the same thing. It was put together from clips and some nice FX. They actually did this as a series, comparing what were considered the best Superbowl teams ever. For awhile, you could actually search ESPN and they would post stuff up on this. Not sure about that now, though.

Thanks guys. I'm an idiot.

In my defense, ESPN presented it like a single game. And it came on right after a special on the "Ice Bowl" which WAS a real game between Dallas and Green Bay.

ESPN bastards!

Edited to add: I did kinda think it was weird that Joe Montana and Joe Greene were playing against each other. I thought they were different eras. And Cosell was one of the announcers and he's been calling games in the sky for a while now. Okay, I'm a BIG idiot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom